Jaedmo

Bugs that Grind your Gears

Hey guys, despite having a great Issue Tracker that we can use to track and fix issues you guys tell us.. 

It can get rather out of hand and some little bugs can go under the radar, which is what we don't want.

So. This thread is intended to find out what you guys know.

Please post below, all of the bugs that are consistently occurring and always annoy you

We want to make sure we get the bugs that people see but don't report, or the bugs that are reported but unfixed.

So please, post all of the bugs you see all the time yet hasn't been fixed in 5 months.

The next week we'll be focusing these kinds of bugs and ensuring all of the Bossing on Ataraxia is at a good stage before releasing Telos.

We can't give the Car a new V8 engine, replacing the V6, while the brakes don't even work.

Jaedmo

• Like 4

There aren't many that come to my head at the moment.

The 4 main ones I can think of that I would like to be tinkered with are:

1. The Construction fixes that could be implemented, regarding the unbuildable objects, the interface issues where the img's don't match up with the titles of the items, and the fact that practically nothing in the dungeon portion of the PoH works. I understand that the code regarding Construction is a nightmare, and I'm not expecting this to be fixed anytime soon, but it would sure make PoH building a little more enjoyable, and we could implement dungeon events throughout the community.

2. Inside Dungeoneering, if you bind both a 2h/spear along with a Kiteshield, when you start the next dungeon, both will be equipped, and you will gain stats from both. No this is not gamebreaking, but can be abused for faster killtimes on bosses. Would be qualified more as a QoL update I suppose.

3. Since the rate of fire buff on crossbows, the Accurate and Rapid attack styles now shoot at the same speed, and I'm sure this wasn't intended. Again, not a huge bug, but can be somewhat abused to have more accuracy with the same rate of fire, rather than slightly less rate of fire as it should be (If this wasn't intended, which it may have been.) We could revert the attack speed for the "Accurate" style back to what it was originally, or even just make it a tick longer between attacks, that way players actually have to choose between speed and accuracy when it comes to range PvMing.

4. In regards to the multiple banks, if the bank you opened previously, for example, is Bank 1, or B1, and then you're off somewhere and go to open Bank 2 (B2) with ;;b2, and try adding/removing items, it will remove the items from that slot in B1, or the previous bank you opened. If you do ;;b2 and the last bank you had open was B2, it works fine. Should be a minor fix as I feel like it's just a tiny interface error.

Edited by Craftwork
  • Like 2

nex aod

-can completely skip crystal phase with auto retaliate on

-standing next to the north and east walls is a safe spot from minions

dreadnips dont work on rax, aod, gwd1, gwd2 or kalphite king

glacor cave is multi

black party hat and hallowe'en mask are actually dark red or brown

hide effect in aura slot of cosmetics doesn't hide aura glow

Edited by Nik
  • Like 2

I will make more replies as I think of more things.

- The first thing that came to mind is when you have a full bank, right? And you have 28 items in your inventory that you try to deposit. Lets say magic logs. BUT you already have thousands of magic logs in the bank. It still doesnt allow you to deposit the magic logs with the deposit button in the bank.

Secondly, to access the extra Bank (after u buy the perk) you gotta be clicking on weird bankers in mz and what not. thats quite annoying - i'd suggest to have an option in the bank interface to open the second bank or just another command. ;;b for first bank/primary bank. ;;b2 for the secondary bank.  @Craftwork is a legend and showed me a way to counter this. ;;settings -> ;;misc -> enable interface -> works perfectly.

EDIT: However, it is still not practical to continuously do multiple clicks each time I want to open the bank. I'd prefer if i could open the bank and somewhere in the bank window  i can select to open the second bank, rather than a window asking me if i want bank 1 or bank 2.

- Thirdly, the tree patch in Priff is not working properly and hence you cannot check health and then you gotta cut the tree and wait for all that. takes an extra 30sec, nothing major but a thing nontheless. i wont cry if you dont/cant fix it, but you said you wanted a list, so thats one of the things i encounter 2-3times a day

- Fourthly, in summoning when you want to make the scrolls from the pouches you have to manually scroll through the entire option list till you find the scroll making option that fits the current pouches you made. It should automatically put the scroll in the position as it does on rs3. Also, when making pouches all pouches in the interface are 'lit up' as if i have the ingredients for all of them, even though i dont.

- Fifthly, the diamond donator outift is kinda awkward to wear. having to look for invisible pieces and equipping it through a variety of different methods is a bit unusual, but proves to be a nice challenge lol

- Sixthly, you cannot string bows on the Portable Fletcher even with perk. It just doesn't work.

- Correct me if im wrong, but there is no currnet killcount for AOD. that would be a nice addition.

- when you go and search an item in the bank, you withdraw it and then usually i cannot withdraw any other item. so i have to close bank and reopen, etc. -> this is especially bad when withdrawing armor, like sirenic, where there are multiple pieces so i have to open, search, click, close, open, search, etc multiple times.

- not a bug but a suggestion. There is a Starters Guide that is really good and covers pretty much everything. I remember seeing this only after having tens of hours played and I wished I would've seen the guide before. -> advertise this guide more; perhaps in world yell or some other way so that new players actually load it up and can properly read it. would help imo

- When using Protean items you cannot get a pet. Personal experience, I got 1B Smithing on Expert (around 13k bars) and I did not get the Smithing pet sooo yeh. - Also you cannot get clues when using protean items or cutting protean trees:(

There were other small things, I cant think of them rn but I will write them down as i encounter them again, 

thank you for the willingness to fix issues for us. It's much appreciated by everyone at Ataraxia <33 

Edited by SomMC
  • Like 3

Not a bug that occurs too often as it only happens in kiln but the crystals don't always spawn, I did 6 runs with 3 accounts simultaneously and it never happened that all 3 accounts had the same crystal at the same wave. Its somewhat annoying if you want to plan your ovl usage but cannot rely on getting 3 ranged/magic crystals.

Edited by Nurri
  • Like 3

The interface bug

So when you train a skill that requires an interface and then switch to another skill that also requires an interface if you then just press once, you will have the old interface and not the new one.

Dungeoneering outfit/Master Camouflage outfit

Im not sure if this causes it but if you trade the "Warped Gorajan Trailblazer outfit" you won't be able to skip doors in dungeoneering.

The auto 10 thievs from Master camouflage outfit doesn't work.

Runespan

If you logout in runespan you will loose all your points.

If you logout you also spawn on the first floor if I remember correctly.

Slayer pet

Slayer pet doesn't count towards skilling pet title. Makes it impossible to get 18/18 Skilling pets title.

Bank problems

When you double click a item in your bank usually has to be the last item on that tab expect for the first tab. You will get a random item from a other tab. https://gyazo.com/e8a6382b36a85b5a9f127229d38b2bdc

Sometimes when you are in other tabs and you click on a random item you get teleported back to the first tab. (No clue why and this only happens sometimes).

Portable Fletcher

You can't string bows on a portable fletcher unless you have a string even with the perk.

Heroes (Thieving)

If you right-click and left-click fast you won't get a xp drop. Not sure if this is intentionally but it should be changed.

I will add stuff to this list.

S

Edited by Skcam
  • Like 6

These ones bothered me and other dungers after release of dung (way longer than 5 moths xD)

1.  statue's is invisible if npc are standing on them
  2. If u press gatestone teleport(Not group) gatestone will dissapear if u doing animations/moves/action like dying, fixing pillar, harvesting and so on. many ppl who dont know about this lose their gates due this. 
  3. also kris added formula for increased primal items drop rate boost from bosses depending on party size, floor size and team members levels. but feels the same rare af, need a boost.(maybe the formula not even working) 
  4.    charms in dung need to be sellable for good ammount of cash, values can be found in rs wikia.
  5.  key doors blocks/wallblocks/statues/skilling doors blocks  etc. should be fixed, very anoying. Overall pathing  is not that great should be improved on it. For statues and blocks, for example  if u  standing at south side of statue it won‘t find path to north, north-west, north-east, it only walks if u press straight  west, east or south. 
  6.     spear attack animation is same in all combat styles(always uses stab animation)prob not impossible to change because we in rs3 cache?
  7.  sometimes over original floor boundaries , can see more rooms, very confusing. example
  8. add correct herb skill req for making pots(now I believe u can make all pots with lvl 1 herb)
  9.  in bulwark beast boss room can‘t take pickaxe and only pickaxes and crush attacks should brake his armour.  

This monster is initially covered in stone armour which completely protects it from melee and ranged 
    attacks, with the exception of crush weapons. The armour can be broken with a pickaxe (equipped in 
    weapons slot or in the tool belt), which you can find in a rock at a corner of the room if you haven't 
    already brought one. If using a tool belt pickaxe, it will look as if your weapon is breaking the armour.
    The plating does not block any magic attacks however, so players can directly use magic to fight the 
    beast. 

10. gluttnonous behemoth dont heal up when eating from carcass
  11.  can't poison arrows(u can use potion on arrows/ but poison effect is not applied)
  12. joining back to dung after u get kicked/log off/dced/ don't work. pretty frustrating when u almost finish dung floor and get dced and can't join back.
  13. hexhunter bow is still shit even after kris added accuracy formula for it, something is not working correctly, can be that bosses dont have correctly magic levels(if it this works here same as pre-eoc, not sure what formula kris used for it). My idea would be simply one, just make like a list of bosses and monsters which ones should be affected by hexhunter bow damage and accuracy boosts. That almost would be all bosses except blink, gravecreeper, dreadnaut, Rammernauts and Kal'Ger the Warmonger in range and melee phases. also a Skeletal warrior, a Skeletal archer (and all monsters with magic attacks)
  14. bonfire effect should not  reset when starting dung.
  15.  dung pots should be bindable
  16. Yk'Lagor the Thunderous don‘t get poisoned from spear(I believe so)
  17. Skeletal trio should drop arrows same tier as bow u get. Also saggitare boss dont dont drop arrows anymore .(there is no away to get sagittarian arrows atm)
  18.  Pushing statue or block or going through toxin maze magical doors  cause  happearing in random place in dung, but goes back to original spot after some time. 
  19. I see many is not happy how op blink is (I think blink have to be deadly) maybe it should receive a bit nerf(Im feeling blink is good now, just maybe for  noobs it would help a bit). Some said kal‘ger and gravecreeper  have to much hp maybe its true im not sure about it too,  they are fine for me. If hp numbers was not added manually leave it at it is now.
  20. Dung perk should be reworked a bit. It don‘t double hm ammo u can bind. its now  1 pile of runes/arrows with perk but with perk it should allow u bind 2 piles of diffrent arrows/runes.After rework it should be that u can bind diffrent type of arrows+arrows or runes+arrows or runes + runes.
  21.  Can attack bosses, mobs through doors.
  22. World-gorger Shukarhazh weaknesses doesn't work properly.  https://runescape.fandom.com/wiki/World-gorger_Shukarhazh 
  23. Dung pet should be auto send to bank when u get it. now its gets cleared.
  24. Ring of kinship quick-switch buggy as hell

Will add more stuff to this list if I found out  more bugs.

Ik that Jordan is working on these but at this tempo it will take a year to finish it.

Edited by lare96
  • Like 5

I dont notice alot of bugs, but some have been standing out.

1. In a pz using aggro pots they ignore you for a couple secs before attacking again, this happens quite frequent.

2. Somehow the corrupted creatures despawned and never respawned.

3. In rots there sometimes is this glitch where instead of healing 500 when they respawn they heal 2500 and only take 1/5th to respawn again. Had this happen a couple times 2 weeks ago, idk if it got fixed yet.

These are a few that i noticed, i will update if i notice any more.

Edited by lare96
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, iron cookie said:

I dont notice alot of bugs, but some have been standing out.

1. In a pz using aggro pots they ignore you for a couple secs before attacking again, this happens quite frequent.

2. Somehow the corrupted creatures despawned and never respawned.

3. In rots there sometimes is this glitch where instead of healing 500 when they respawn they heal 2500 and only take 1/5th to respawn again. Had this happen a couple times 2 weeks ago, idk if it got fixed yet.

These are a few that i noticed, i will update if i notice any more.

1. would help if more monsters were in pz/dz instances,  that way they can come onto you more quickly. 

7 hours ago, SomMC said:

1. would help if more monsters were in pz/dz instances,  that way they can come onto you more quickly. 

Its mostly they aggro for 2 minutes and when they respawn it takes like 10 secs for them to become aggresive again. Kinda odd. Happened with gano's and rorarri's

13 hours ago, Skcam said:

The interface bug

So when you train a skill that requires an interface and then switch to another skill that also requires an interface if you then just press once, you will have the old interface and not the new one.

This is the most annoying thing to me. It only takes a second to correct, but it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's not game-breaking by any means, but it gives a very unpolished perception of the server.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Primal Maul, and Chaotic Maul (maybe every Maul in the game, can only confirm those two) doesnt have a crush attack style, which leaves the mauls useless

EDIT1: Unable to pick up Nihil and Muspah summoning drops, and unable to leave Muspah's cave again.

Edited by Friis43