the flow

vote polls for future updates?

hey everyone flow here. so i have been thinking recently about some of the negative feedback on certain areas of recent updates and think it would be a great idea to have polls on future updates where the players would get to vote on some things for future updates. players would be more involved in the server and the changes to come and i feel it would help negate some of the negative feedback before hand if we were able to vote for what everyone as a community thinks would be best for updates. i agree some things are absolutely needed even if we don't agree 100% on it. But there are still quite a few things that i feel a majority of the players think is too much. this could also take some stress off our dev team as players would be able to give suggestions on how to futher improve on things they are working on.

just a thought let me know what you think everyone. ❤️

Edited by the flow
  • Like 5

I actually really enjoy this idea. Almost replicating the system RS3 has in place. The dev team could release content about what they plan on updating, and then have the playerbase vote on whether they'd like to see said content implemented or not, or how they think it could be changed before implementation.

+1 Flow, Love it.

It, like you said, would create a little more interaction between the Dev Team and our players, and would get the players more involved with THEIR server, and be able to at least be able to voice opinions about upcoming potential updates.

• Like 2

+1 from me.

It'd be nice to see what the community thinks about upcoming updates, or even idea's others have had that the devs themselves have liked.

Naturally, people are going to be split on opinions, but the decision would be made by the majority vote, if you don't like the update, simply don't participate.

Would help a lot with the player bases immersion to the server, and make it feel as-though we're more involved, which would be a nice touch to an already great server with a great community.

• Like 1

Just now, Craftwork said:

I actually really enjoy this idea. Almost replicating the system RS3 has in place. The dev team could release content about what they plan on updating, and then have the playerbase vote on whether they'd like to see said content implemented or not, or how they think it could be changed before implementation.

+1 Flow, Love it.

It, like you said, would create a little more interaction between the Dev Team and our players, and would get the players more involved with THEIR server, and be able to at least be able to voice opinions about upcoming potential updates.

yeah exactly! some will disagree and some will agree but it would give everyone a chance as a community to be more involved in updates and i feel would really negate the complaints on certain parts of our updates. and may take away some stress from our dev team having everyone be able to give them suggestions on how to futher improve on updates 🙂

I would support just so long as the polls don't make or break an update!

An example of this I made in Friends chat, is when someone claimed the Skilling Contracts were 'a stupid and useless waste of time' because there wern't enough rewards for them.

I and many others love the new Skilling Contract update, so if a poll comes out that X amount of players vote no, because it's not useful for their maxed account, other such updates arn't added, I would rather not have the polls.

I do support the idea of community feedback through polls though.

• Like 1

Polls would definitely be a very engaging thing to add. I really liked the RS3 content polls. Most of the ones I participated in weren't for changing game mechanics or features. They were almost always 3-4 different versions of the same pet/boss/weapon. It doesn't have to be a yes or no to the proposed addition either. It could simply be "We have 3 new content updates, which would you like first?"

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kope said:

Polls would definitely be a very engaging thing to add. I really liked the RS3 content polls. Most of the ones I participated in weren't for changing game mechanics or features. They were almost always 3-4 different versions of the same pet/boss/weapon. It doesn't have to be a yes or no to the proposed addition either. It could simply be "We have 3 new content updates, which would you like first?"

i agree it could be polls for anything regarding updates to come. 🙂 

• Like 1

I mean it's kinda different. There's changes we need to make or the server's going to die overtime. These changes won't pass on Polls, because simply players want stuff to be easy. Every update the past few weeks has been to make the server stay longer. That's what we're aiming for here, it's a long time and a good time, not just a great time and a short time.

For example, I doubt the Plat zone instances becoming single would've passed, yet is 100% necessary if we ever want a stable economy. Same with the balance changes. People would've voted against nerfing range.. But we did it and now all combat is more balanced and better.

I do agree, we should start Polling new content more. However, for changes that you're suggesting we should've added polls for, isn't the stuff we should Poll. Because it wouldn't pass despite it being a valuable and server-saving update.

I do like the idea of adding polls for the future for what content should come first, and I'll discuss it with the Development team. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Loure said:

sounds a lot like jagex

I can't remember which vote site, but the description for Ataraxia says that tries to keep the experience close to that of  the official game. Being like Jagex isn't necessarily a bad thing. They made something nearly 18 years ago that is still really popular today.