Dave

Ataraxia Game Modes

I haven't seen a guide posted for this yet and I figured this would be good for newcomers to the game as there is quite a few different modes offered on Ataraxia and they all have different exp rates and drop rates. 

If you feel anything is left out please feel free to message me in-game my account name is Space. 

If this is in the incorrect section feel free to move it. I thought this was the most appropriate section for this type of thread. I myself looked at the knowledge base section shortly after starting for general information about the server and I thought something like this was missing. 

First I should start by defining a few terms. The exp rate % basically means how it compares to runescape. So for example on the Intermediate mode the exp rate is 50% better than Runescape. Along with that, the drop rate is 5% better than if you were playing on an account with a 0% drop rate like novice. 

I am unsure if the drop rate applies to chests (barrows, defender rng, and rots) or if that only applies to drops that are normally picked up from the floor. I will try to get some confirmation on this and update the thread. 

As an added bonus for choosing a harder game mode, if you choose the Legendary, Ironman, or Hardcore Ironman game modes you will get access to a non tradeable weapon called the Widows Wail. The Widows Wail is a weapon that is effective and is comparable to the stats of a mithril/adamant scimitar but slightly buffed. 

Regular Game Modes

Novice: Novice is the easiest game mode offered on Ataraxia. Novice has a 100% exp rate as compared to runescape and offers a 0% drop boost. There is no trade restrictions associated with Novice accounts and they have access to all shops. 

Intermediate: Intermediate offers a 50% exp rate and is the second easiest mode on Ataraxia and offers a 5% drop boost. Similar to Novice there is no trade restrictions associated with the Intermediate accounts and they have access to all shops. 

Expert: Expert is one of the more difficult regular game modes you can choose. Expert boasts a 25% exp rate and is the third hardest game mode offered on Ataraxia. Along with that Expert has a 10% drop boost. Similar to the above game modes, Expert does not have any trade restrictions and they have access to all shops. 

Legendary: Legendary is the hardest regular game mode offered on Ataraxia. Legendary boasts an impressive 5% exp rate and a 15% drop boost. As an added bonus for choosing the Legendary game mode, you get access to an exclusive weapon that is only available to the Legendary game mode, Ironman game mode, and the Hardcore Ironman game mode. Like the above game modes Legendary has no trade restrictions and has access to all of the shops. 

Ironman Modes

So the nice thing about Ataraxia is they have a few different Ironman modes to choose from. Each mode is similar to the rates offered by the regular game modes with restriction on some trade. Ironman accounts are allowed to use most shops around home and at ;;market but they are not allowed to use the Grand Exchange and they are also not allowed to trade. All of the Ironman modes offer the exclusive Widows Wail (please correct me if I am wrong, I have not tested the individual ironman modes). Ironman is not affected by the well or dxp weekends and the only benefits we get in the terms of increased exp is the voting books. 

The nice thing about these modes being offered like this is if you are interested in the Ironman mode but don't want a wicked hard exp rate this is an idea. 

Novice Ironman: The novice ironman mode offers a 100% exp rate similar to the novice regular mode. This option has a 0% drop boost and is the easiest ironman mode due to the high xp rate. 

Intermediate Ironman: The intermediate ironman mode offers a 50% exp rate similar to the intermediate regular mode. This option offers a 5% drop boost and is the third hardest ironman mode offered. 

Expert Ironman: The expert ironman mode offers a 25% exp rate similar to the expert regular mode offered on Ataraxia. This option offers a 10% drop boost and is the second hardest ironman mode offered. 

Legendary Ironman: The legendary ironman mode offered on Ataraxia is the most difficult ironman mode that is offered. This option boasts a 5% exp rate similar to that of the Legendary regular mode. This mode also offers a 15% drop boost and access to the widows wail as stated above. 

Hardcore Ironman Mode

Hardcore Ironman: The hardcore ironman mode is in my opinion the most difficult mode offered on Ataraxia. This mode offers a whopping 5% exp and a 20% drop boost which is the highest drop boost offered on any game mode on Ataraxia. The hardcore ironman mode also offers the Widows Wail which is a weapon that is effective and is comparable to the stats of a mithril/adamant scimitar but slightly buffed. The hardcore ironman mode restricts all shops besides a few, you are unable to trade with other players, and you are also unable to use the Grand Exchange. Hardcore Ironman is not affected by the well or dxp weekends and the only benefits we get in the terms of increased exp is the voting books. 

For more information on the Hardcore Ironman mode reference this guide I have written with tips and tricks to the Hardcore Ironman mode. 

Tips and tricks for a successful hardcore ironman

King of the Skill

King of the Skill: King of the Skill is a new game mode offered on Ataraxia. This game mode offers a 50% xp rate and a 0% drop boost. This mode works similar to the iron man modes in the sense that you cannot trade, use the Grand Exchange, and your account is unaffected by the well and any other bonus xp. The kicker to this account is you only have 24 hours to get as many levels as possible before the account is locked and you will no longer have access to the account. 

The incentive for this game mode is the winner each week will be recognized on the discord server and the forums with a special user group and they will be rewarded with in-store credit on an account of their choosing. 

Edited by Dave
  • Like 4

cool write up Dave. Nice to see all the game modes laid out like this so you can see the benefits to each and weigh them out. 

I like what you've written here! This guide will be useful for players that have just made their account and aren't too sure of which gamemode to pick, and for older players who are considering changing gamemodes and are unsure of the pro's and cons.

What I do like to suggest here though, is to make it more attractive visually. Add some colours, some pictures, etcetera.

Some examples of this could be ironman icons, and the NPC that allows you to change gamemode.