Dave

Space Support Application

In-Game Name: Space but I also play on Woodcutting.

Timezone: Eastern United States (GMT-5).

Why do you want to be support?: I am interested in the support position because I feel like I could be a benefit to the server in the position. I believe the support role on a server is important to welcome new members and be the initial point of contact for members of the community for issues or questions regarding the server. Supports are able to handle most of the questions and issues and provide assistance to the rest of the staff on Ataraxia. I hope to be that person people feel comfortable going to and having a conversation with about anything and knowing that their question or issue will receive the care and consideration that it deserves because everything is important no matter the content.

What experience do you have?: I have been playing RSPS on and off since about 2011. I started in the RSPS scene developing a RSPS with my brother. We used a 317 base and typically the server loaded nothing higher than a 562. Besides that I have been moderators on a few different servers over the years but over the past two years I have really just been a player not having desired any staff roles.

Why should we pick you instead of someone else?: I believe that everyone has something of value to bring to the table so it’s hard for me to tell you what makes me better than someone else. What I bring to the table is a drive to make the community better as a whole. Whether that be through providing support and insight to players in-game or through the discord. Also because of my shift work I have the ability to cover different hours of the day depending on my shifts which allows for more staff coverage at the times where there may be less people on. Like I said above when I am on days I play between the hours of 0700-1900 EST and when i am on nights I play between the hours of 1900-0700 EST. On my days off I play a combination of days, evenings, and late nights it just depends. I know I am not the most boisterous player and I am rather reserved with my communications but because I am reserved I am not quick to lose my temper in times where that may be tested.

On the downside, I do not have a lot of experience with the end game content offered on Ataraxia because I have not really invested much time into the PvM aspect of the game. I am traditionally more of a skiller than a PvMer so I lack in ability to assist people with end game content on Ataraxia. I do however have a maxed main on RS3 and much of the content is similar so I could try my best. I also really only utilize my hci account which is great for providing support to the Iron community but methods that we utilize to gain xp may be different than methods normal players use which I may not have much experience with but then again I do play rs3 and methods are similar.  I am a quiet and reserved player so I may not be as well known on the server which I hope is not a huge issue. 

How much free time do you have?: My free time while I am on my rotation is between the hours of 0700-1900 on my day shifts and 1900-0700 on my night shifts. When I am on my days off my free time varies but it could be anywhere from days, evenings, or nights.

Other notes: I did just recently come back from a rather large break from the game. I officially started playing in September of 2018 a few days after the server reopened and I played until around mid December. I came back about 2 weeks ago now and I was gone for personal reasons. I also have an interest in assisting people with game related issues or support tickets if that is something you guys need assistance with. 

Thank you for the consideration for the Server Support rank on Ataraxia and good luck to all of the other applicants!

Ataraxia Playtime.png

Edited by Dave
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, imodz said:

Nope.

Is there any specific reasons other than "Nope". Or is this just because your application got denied? 

• Like 1

Awesome guy, has helped me a lot since I met him. Good knowledge of the server, easy to talk with, on quite frequently. 

Good luck man.

I mean it as nice as possible, but I really have no idea who you are.. I have not seen too much of you in-game, much less actively helping other players. 

Maybe give it more time, immerse yourself in the community a little more my friend 🙂  and actively work on how you support the rest of the server with your time and knowledge.  I wish you the best.

~Fapple

59 minutes ago, Moo said:

Awesome guy, has helped me a lot since I met him. Good knowledge of the server, easy to talk with, on quite frequently. 

Good luck man.

Thanks a lot Moo!

32 minutes ago, Fapple said:

I mean it as nice as possible, but I really have no idea who you are.. I have not seen too much of you in-game, much less actively helping other players. 

Maybe give it more time, immerse yourself in the community a little more my friend 🙂  and actively work on how you support the rest of the server with your time and knowledge.  I wish you the best.

~Fapple

That's a pretty fair comment. Like I stated in the Other Notes section I started playing the Server a few days after it re-opened but took a small break around the end of December for some personal issues. I have only been back about a week or two and it seems a lot of the old faces are gone and most of the people actively playing are new to me. 

20 hours ago, Dave said:

I am a quiet and reserved player so I may not be as well known on the server which I hope is not a huge issue. 

To begin with I was sort of neutral and I had no opinion on you, which is a good/bad thing. Means I don't really see you often, timezones/me working would have a lot to do with that and you did explain that you're quiet. Which in my personal opinion is probably a bad thing as not many people know who you are, or how you act in certain scenarios. So I think having a bigger appearance across the community would be better before applying.

But that also means you're not a problem player and haven't caused staff any strife.

11 hours ago, Dave said:

Is there any specific reasons other than "Nope". Or is this just because your application got denied? 

While Imodz's comment is totally unneeded and immature, you probably would of been better off ignoring him rather then trying to get a response with a witty remark. I can tell that it was made in bad taste. Based on things like that we sort of have to assume that it will be how you will act as a staff too.

20 hours ago, Dave said:

I did just recently come back from a rather large break from the game. I officially started playing in September of 2018 a few days after the server reopened and I played until around mid December.

I think it would have been better to wait longer before applying as new spots are always opening up. A lot has changed since December.

So with that being said your application is
Denied

But I do feel like you potentially have a chance in the future with more time and a bigger presence in the community and would like to see you apply in future.

• Like 2