Craftwork

Skilling Hour Event Suggestion!

Event Zone Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. If implemented, which zone would you rather be in while participating??

• Very open underground cavern area (1st Image in Media)
    • Very open snowy mountain area (2nd Image in Media)

Introduction

Alright guys. It's me. Back with a more detailed and very in-depth description of this event, with all the numbers worked out and everything. My Google Docs link will be included at the bottom so you can see the up-to-date changes I may continue to make after posting this thread. This is just to get this idea out in the open and receive some all around feedback from the community about this idea, to see if there's any potential flaws I could tweak, or any additions/removals that may need to be done. So I guess without further ado, here it is!

What is Skilling Hour?

Skilling Hour is an event that would take place 4 times a day, every 6 hours, allowing players to skill for a 30 minute session in a new area, providing them with a SLIGHT xp boost, less than that of ;;mz, to gain points based on the amount of skilling actions you perform in this 30 minute period. These points can be used to buy items out of the shop, including custom XP Lamps, Protean Packs, Small/Large Rune Pouches, and more! There are some higher priced items that will be well worth the time you'll spend participating in these events that you'll see as you read later down in this thread! This event was thought of in the hopes of bringing some of the community together for something other than a Boss Mass or LMS, or anything combat related really. This would be the first Skilling-Based community event in Ataraxia, and I would love to be a part of helping it come together and be implemented! Not only would players be able to grind for 30 minutes with some extra xp gain, but they would be rewarded for it.

How does it work?

Well each skill, because of the different rates at which you can perform actions, has a specific "rate" of which you acquire points. 

For example: Crafting can yield you roughly 2200-2300 actions in a 30 minute session, which would be granting you 10 Points per 90 Actions.

While Fletching, only able to grant you roughly 600-700 actions in a 30 minute session, would grant you 10 Points per 25 Actions.

Each skill was given a rate to make it to where, if you work at near max efficiency, you should be able to yield a point total between 200-300 Points per event. More realistically,  200-250. 

Each event would be a random skill out of the pool of available skills for the event. During that event, only actions for that skill would be counted and points awarded for. 60 Seconds prior to each event, there would be an announcement saying which skill had been chosen, that way all players planning to participate would have some time to get some necessary supplies if they weren't already in the bank. 

Once the announcement had been made, players would be able to use a command similar to ;;lms, that would teleport them to a waiting room with a 2-3 minute timer, allowing players to finish what they're doing, JUST like LMS. Once this "Waiting room" timer was up, all players in the waiting room would be teleported to the Event Zone, which would have all the skilling necessities you would need. Bank Booths, Trees, Fires, etc. No matter what skill is chosen, you would be able to do it in this zone. There would be a separate zone for fishing, also with a Bank booth added. Media will be showcased later in the thread.

As soon as players are teleported from the waiting room to the Event Zone, the 30 minute session begins. Players will essentially "race" to see who can get the most points in a 30 minute period of time, for a bonus KotS-Like reward from a prize pool of a few items, along with a bonus 50 Points. The winner of this award would be recognized with a World Announcement, similar to if someone got a Pet Drop, or anything else. This incorporates a bit of competition into the event, rather than just a "I'm gonna grind solo and take my time" mentality. Also, the more efficient you are, the more points you earn, which makes getting shop rewards faster, which makes you happier.

The items in the KotS-like reward pool currently are as follows: Medium Protean Pack, Varying Number of a single Portable Device, Small Amounts of Cash, 1 Mbox

Some skills, such as Herblore, would have a specific action that is the ONLY action that would count for points. For example, given Herblore, making actual potions would be able to give points, while afk-grinding mud runes would not, as it would absolutely and entirely skew the whole system. 

What's the shop look like, Craftwork??

Glad you asked! The way the rates are set up at the moment, a player should be able to earn roughly 200-250 points per event. Shop prices are obviously just a rough idea of what they would be/how long it should take to obtain these items. So here's a list of the items I currently have and their respective prices. Keep in mind these can always be changed if a good majority may deem it "ridiculous" per se.

Item                              Price (in points)               Events Needed

250k XP Lamp  --------------------  250 Points  --------------------  1 Event

500k XP Lamp  --------------------  500 Points  --------------------  2 Events

1m XP Lamp  --------------------  750 Points  -------------------- 3 Events

Mystery Box  --------------------  200 Points  -------------------- 1 Event

SoF x2 Spin Ticket  --------------------  200 Points  --------------------  1 Event

Viswax  -----------------  10 Points/1 Wax  --------------------  1 Event for Divine Loc Reset

Small Protean Pack  --------------------  500 Points  --------------------  2 Events

Medium Protean Pack  --------------------  750 Points  --------------------  3 Events

Large Protean Pack  --------------------  1000 Points  --------------------  4 Events

Small Rune Pouch  --------------------  500 Points  --------------------  2 Events

Large Rune Pouch  --------------------  1000 Points  --------------------  4 Events

Divine Herb III  --------------------  250 Points  --------------------  1 Event

Divine Rune Rock  --------------------  250 Points  -------------------- 1 Event

Divine Magic Tree  --------------------  250 Points  --------------------  1 Event

Divine Box Trap  --------------------  250 Points  --------------------  1 Event

Divine Sumilicrum II  --------------------  250 Points  --------------------  1 Event

Divine Rocktail Bubble  --------------------  250 Points  --------------------  1 Event

Hard Clue Scroll  --------------------  250 Points  --------------------  1 Event

Elite Clue Scroll  --------------------  500 Points  --------------------  2 Events

Supply Cache  --------------------  250 Points  --------------------  1 Event

Crystal Pickaxe  --------------------  2500 Points  --------------------  10 Events

Crystal Hatchet  --------------------  2500 Points  --------------------  10 Events

Herbivore Perk  --------------------  10000 Points  --------------------  40 Events

Divine Doubler Perk  --------------------  10000 Points  -------------------- 40 Events

Again, this is just a rough sketch of what the shop would look like. The 2 perks are based off the amount of time it would take to get them via Voting, which would be 10 days of on-point voting on all 5 sites, every 12 hours religiously. This is the same concept. If you participated in every event, at near max efficiency, for 10 days, you would have either perk as well. 

The introduction of the Crystal Tools in the shop is just an option. It's a second method for players to obtain these tools without afking at Harps for 2-3 hours at a time. Yeah it'll take longer, and is spaced out, but you're actually accomplishing something while being able to save up for the tools. Also, for players unable to donate for ;;prif perk or who don't have a 2250 total level yet, it offers them a step up in equipment from Dragon Tools.

How could this be expanded?

Well if this event were to get implemented, my thought would be that maybe sometime later down the line we could create a perk or two for this event, benefitting players. Both of which would be added to the shop regarding their price in ;;store. I've got two ideas so far for potential perks, if this became as popular an event as I'm anticipating.

Perk 1: % Chance to occasionally double points received in event. (20 points instead of 10 @ action threshold occasionally)

Perk 2: Enhances the XP-Boost in the Event Zone, making the xp gain slightly more worthwhile for participants.

These are the skills that would be easy to implement at the moment. I'm working on ways to figure out how to configure rates for the left-out skills, aside from Hunter and Divination, both of which would require either a hefty amount of NPC's making the Zone crowded, or a LOT of space to put each tiered object. Those are things I'm trying to find ways around. Smithing is also hard to configure a rate for, due to the varying amounts of coal needed to make different tiered bars. Also finding a way to work around that.

There are plenty more options of expansion for this idea, which is the whole point of making this thread. I want everyone who reads this to leave some sort of feedback as to what you think about this idea in general, along with possible fixes, or work-arounds to the skills mentioned above. Or anything, even. ALL feedback is MORE than appreciated. I can't get this perfected without some help. ^_^

Media

This first one is the intended zone for this event. I have coordinates for all, if this is seriously thought about and they are needed to start working on implementing objects into the zone. This is a very wide open area with plenty of room to work with. There are no pre-existing objects to remove, which makes the coding part easier, as there are no pathing issues we would run into.

eventloc1.thumb.png.a41f49d1afc7cebddfcfdf2992970f47.png

This next one is another possible zone for the event. It's also a wide open area, with no objects to remove. Plus there's SNOW! Who doesn't love snow?... Me and E36 were testing what some of the zone could look like, hence the Crystal Trees and Soul Altar in the picture. 

eventloc4.thumb.png.5b5208a808d98f6323637bb39e089cd0.png

Finally, the last picture is what the event zone would look like if the chosen skill were Fishing. I feel it would be easier to add in fishing spots to an area like this, and it also just fits the whole "Fishing" vibe. This is just optional. Depends on what you guys think!

eventloc5.thumb.png.1c438c87bd1aa5d52f31abc7f22b025a.png

Extra Notes

This took a long time to produce and get information/numbers/locations for, so please do me a favor and at least leave SOME sort of feedback, whether positive, negative, or neutral. I want to hear what the community thinks of this idea, and if you guys would actually be willing to participate. I'm going to be leaving a poll at the top of this for you guys to vote on which of the two initial event zones you guys would prefer, just to get an idea, so I could start mapping out the zone with objects.

Huge thanks to everyone mentioned below for helping me out with minor things, and keeping me semi sane while developing this idea. They are all great people, and offer GREAT ideas, if you ever have any suggestions of your own you may want to have some help with!

***I'm looking for a way to make this more competitive, aside from the KotS-like reward! Give me ideas!***

Credits

Craftwork - Started construction the idea. Found skilling action rates, and converted to point rates per x actions.

Xolifar - Helped with a good portion of the base framework. Assisted in finding approximate action rates, along with some input about the shop items.

Ash - HUGE help; Revisions made to framework of the event. Helped avoid potential flaws and provided possible fixes. Helped with item suggestions and pricing. Insisted on the Specific-Action skills, such as Herblore, so players couldn't abuse the system by grinding mud runes for 30 minutes.

Arachnid - Provided the idea of the 1h timer after LMS to prevent overlap. Great idea that I hadn't thought of myself. Assisted in some pricing.

E36 - Helped a huge amount in finding coordinates for possible event zones, along with ideas of how they would look once objects were added in. Provided a bit of clarity as to how each zone would be mapped out.

Will - Pretty much a brainstorming buddy through this process. We ran through ideas, and he helped establish what ideas would and wouldn't be too game-breaking, also what could and couldn't be abused.

Xenthium - Helped provide some QoL changes to the framework, also allowing the event to be more unique to itself, and slightly more balanced.

Edit Log

2/7/19: Changed prices of Divine Locations to require at LEAST 2 events, maybe 3 if you're performing under expectation for a single Location.

2/7/19: Changed price of Viswax from 20 points per wax to 40 points per wax, requiring a minimum of at LEAST 3 events, maybe 4, in order to have enough for a Divine Location reset. This is feesable, as most Ataraxia players aren't on for 8 hours at a time. It would most likely be done in different sessions.

2/8/19: Revised interval from 2h to 6h, changing frequency from 12x per day to 4x per day. This forced a change in prices due to how long it would be between each event. Got a dev's input and the frequency of 2h would result in players essentially expecting bonus xp more often. This provides more of a wait, and more of a uniqueness to the event.

Public Suggestion Log

Skylark Wolf -- Instead of points per actions, create a Stealing Creation-like system where you can deposit items for points. 

**In this sort of system, where making potions using herblore would cash in for maybe 1 point per 1 potion, ground mud runes would cash in for 1 point per 10, due to the speed difference, just to provide an idea about how this would work.** LOVE it

Edited by Craftwork
  • Like 8

Just now, Friis43 said:

Nice wall of text and good idea. +1

Haha yeah, there was a lot to explain, but I couldn't think of any better way to do it! I got everything I needed to on paper. Or on-thread in this case I guess. It explains the idea well and it allows players to understand what they're giving feedback for. Tried to get as much information as possible in the thread. Been working on this for close to 3ish weeks. 😛

This is a cool idea and definitely gets my support.

However, atm the rewards seem pretty bad. you said the xp will be less than mz which is fine but if the xp is going to be not that great then the actual item rewards need to be better. 2 events giving 250k xp = 250k xp an hour or 125kxp per event. Is this going to be more xp than just doing the most optimal method of training outside the event? If not then whats the point?

The only way to make this viable is that the random reward you get for winning, like lms, has to be really good otherwise no one is going to waste 30 minutes playing the game and it will be dead content soon after release. People don't play lms for the souls they play to win for the chance to get the big-ticket items. Lms also only takes a few minutes as opposed to 30 minutes so really the rewards should be even better for this event.

overall I love this idea and definitely support it, however, I think you need to think more about the rewards because ultimately that is going to decided whether this event is played or not. I don't know what rewards would be good without being eco breaking but maybe make the random reward at the end skilling supplies (supply caches?) and a very small chance of rares (crackers? h'weens?). No one is going to take lower than optimal xp if the rewards are trash.

P.S. 120 events (60 hours) for a perk is too long. Any moneymaking method that makes more than 10m/ hour is better than this. Maybe make this a very rare reward for winning?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iron peter said:

This is a cool idea and definitely gets my support.

However, atm the rewards seem pretty bad. you said the xp will be less than mz which is fine but if the xp is going to be not that great then the actual item rewards need to be better. 2 events giving 250k xp = 250k xp an hour or 125kxp per event. Is this going to be more xp than just doing the most optimal method of training outside the event? If not then whats the point?

The only way to make this viable is that the random reward you get for winning, like lms, has to be really good otherwise no one is going to waste 30 minutes playing the game and it will be dead content soon after release. People don't play lms for the souls they play to win for the chance to get the big-ticket items. Lms also only takes a few minutes as opposed to 30 minutes so really the rewards should be even better for this event.

overall I love this idea and definitely support it, however, I think you need to think more about the rewards because ultimately that is going to decided whether this event is played or not. I don't know what rewards would be good without being eco breaking but maybe make the random reward at the end skilling supplies (supply caches?) and a very small chance of rares (crackers? h'weens?). No one is going to take lower than optimal xp if the rewards are trash.

P.S. 120 events (60 hours) for a perk is too long. Any moneymaking method that makes more than 10m/ hour is better than this. Maybe make this a very rare reward for winning?

Thanks for the feedback! 

1. Yeah. As mentioned in the thread, the items/prices were just a rough sketch to give you guys an idea of what KIND of items would be in the shop for how much. The XP amounts in the lamps can be changed, along with prices of items. Which is one of the biggest points of making this thread. To fix what needs to be changed and make it in the most efficient way possible. 

2. And this was more or less made to be just skilling based, hence why all the rewards were skilling based as well. I see where you're coming from. There needs to be some sort of incentive. However, that was one of the hardest issues. Coming up with something that is well worth the invested time, while at the same time not breaking the eco of the server. 

3. Definitely wouldn't even think about rares such as that in the prize pool, but there could be some form of monetary rewards for the top-earning player of each event. Would just require some brainstorming at what rewards would be appropriate.

4. I based that off of the same price system used in VP shop. Yes voting only takes a couple of minutes to finish, however it still requires 10 Days worth of Voting religiously on all 5 sites to obtain. Similarly, 10 Days of religiously playing each event and performing near max efficiency would result in a perk from this event. But again, the whole point of this thread was to find tweaks I could make. Lowering/Raising prices for example. Different rewards. Etc. What would you think an appropriate price for perks would be? Closer to 20-25k?

Fantastic idea that would make a great addition to the server. My concern is the vis wax and div locations. From the estimates of the possible points gain per day, it would be overpowered, so these would need to be revised.

For example: Crafting can yield you roughly 2200-2300 actions in a 30 minute session, which would be granting you 10 Points per 90 Actions.

While Fletching, only able to grant you roughly 600-700 actions in a 30 minute session, would grant you 10 Points per 25 Actions.

Also, with the above the issue is the wide options we have for actions vs xp. With fletching you could tip bolts for a lot of actions, which would make it abusable. This would need addressing.

+1 tho great effort on the post.

Edited by Will
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Will said:

Fantastic idea that would make a great addition to the server. My concern is the vis wax and div locations. From the estimates of the possible points gain per day, it would be overpowered, so these would need to be revised.

Also, with the above the issue is the wide options we have for actions vs xp. With fletching you could tip bolts for a lot of actions, which would make it abusable. This would need addressing.

+1 tho great effort on the post.

Thanks for the feedback, Willie! ^_^

And the prices as they sit for Vis, it would take at least participation in 2 events to get enough for a Daily Divine Location. Though still only requiring to wait 4 hours for a 24 hour reset may still be a little strong, what would you say is a more appropriate point cost for them? Something like 40 per wax? Make it to where players would need to attend 4 events, over a minimum of an 8 hour span? I think that would be a slightly more reasonable price. Especially considering the average Ataraxia player doesn't play for 8 hours at a time. ^_^

Also as far as the fletching goes, we could make different event types for it similar to Herblore with the potion making/mud rune grinding issue. Same exact concept. Just make it to where in the fletching event, the only actions that will count would be ones involving logs, or something to that effect. ^_^ 

I love the feedback though. All is being noted and will try to come up with a solution to some of these issues. I'll be 100% sure to keep this thread up to date with the most recent changes in any prices and whatnot, so we can make this idea perfect as a team. 😄

6 minutes ago, Craftwork said:

Thanks for the feedback, Willie! ^_^

And the prices as they sit for Vis, it would take at least participation in 2 events to get enough for a Daily Divine Location. Though still only requiring to wait 4 hours for a 24 hour reset may still be a little strong, what would you say is a more appropriate point cost for them? Something like 40 per wax? Make it to where players would need to attend 4 events, over a minimum of an 8 hour span? I think that would be a slightly more reasonable price. Especially considering the average Ataraxia player doesn't play for 8 hours at a time. ^_^

Also as far as the fletching goes, we could make different event types for it similar to Herblore with the potion making/mud rune grinding issue. Same exact concept. Just make it to where in the fletching event, the only actions that will count would be ones involving logs, or something to that effect. ^_^ 

I love the feedback though. All is being noted and will try to come up with a solution to some of these issues. I'll be 100% sure to keep this thread up to date with the most recent changes in any prices and whatnot, so we can make this idea perfect as a team. 😄

I would consider taking vis wax out completely, as it could make daily tasks dead content. I didn't realise it would be a specific skill per event, maybe you could offer a lump xp bonus for the relevant skill after the event?

1 hour ago, Will said:

I would consider taking vis wax out completely, as it could make daily tasks dead content. I didn't realise it would be a specific skill per event, maybe you could offer a lump xp bonus for the relevant skill after the event?

That could work too. And yeah, we could make thresholds for actions based on the skill, and you could gain a sum of XP based on the threshold you reached during each event? I like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chader2chadster said:

Sounds good but im still waiting for my taco icon for chat ❤️ but yes good idea babes

Thanks bby ❤️ And +1 to your taco idea. 😉

I think this idea is really neat, but if I attend 3 of those events I can get enough points for a 1m xp lamp? That means like 24ish of those events and I can have a 99?

How will this affect ironmen? Spending 1.5 hours for 1m xp seems like a lot. How does this scale to the xp rates? Is the 1m lamp for Novice only at the 100% rate so for the ironman rate it would be 5% of the 1m XP?

• Like 1

I really like this idea, and nicely constructed with relative information.I am all for a skilling event, there seems to be a lot of events in relation to pvm and combat orientation here. It would be nice for us to have a lil' something for the skillers in us all.

I couldn't say much on the rewards, as that would be something to discuss with the staff, but think you're going in the right direction here with this event! Great work Craft 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dave said:

I think this idea is really neat, but if I attend 3 of those events I can get enough points for a 1m xp lamp? That means like 24ish of those events and I can have a 99?

How will this affect ironmen? Spending 1.5 hours for 1m xp seems like a lot. How does this scale to the xp rates? Is the 1m lamp for Novice only at the 100% rate so for the ironman rate it would be 5% of the 1m XP?

A) Yeah I get where you're coming from with the low amount of events, but you gotta think. They'd be roughly 6h apart. So 18h for 1m XP. And if you want to consider the 2nd part of this, where 24ish events = 99, You'd be waiting roughly 144 hours for a 99, which is extremely long for a 99. That's where the event interval comes into play. Initially, it was going to be 2h intervals, which would've made that extremely broken, making a 99 take roughly 2 days or 48 hours.

B) Refer back to the interval timing. Yes it's only 1.5 hours of work, however you'd be waiting nearly 1 full week to have 1 99 by this method. Which, even as an ironman, could be achieved in MUCH quicker fashion outside of this event. And I haven't really thought about the XP Rate Change, but that's a great mention, I'll be sure to think of some options for this! Thank you for your feedback!

4 minutes ago, Opi said:

I really like this idea, and nicely constructed with relative information.I am all for a skilling event, there seems to be a lot of events in relation to pvm and combat orientation here. It would be nice for us to have a lil' something for the skillers in us all.

I couldn't say much on the rewards, as that would be something to discuss with the staff, but think you're going in the right direction here with this event! Great work Craft 🙂

That's where my head was at when I came up with the idea! ^_^ Every event we have currently is either PvM, PK, or Giveaway based. Adding in a skilling event to the list would create a very unique change, and give players a new way to obtain tools only obtainable through donating/2250 total level, along with another method of getting 2 of the more useful skilling-related perks ingame. And the rewards that are in place right now, as mentioned in the thread, are just a base framework to provide an idea to players about what COULD be in the shop. Any item could be added/removed/changed in price, etc. I just wanted the shop to be nearly 100% skilling rewards, as it's a 100% skilling minigame; this also prevents economical disaster by abusing the event to receive pricy items and such. It's just a work in progress. I appreciate your feedback Opi! Much love ❤️ 

• Like 1

Love this idea!

My only worry is how the points based on actions would work, for example, some actions, like cutting gems, is far faster than crafting dragonhide, could you get the same amount of points crafting armour as you could cutting gems?

(I would like to point out I have no programming experience so would have no idea if this is even possible but)

Maybe impliment it in a sort of 'Stealing Creations' way? points awarded for placeing the item you crafted, cut, or mined into a deposit box and cashing them in for points.

Reguardless I love the idea, and would find an event like this super fun.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skylark Wolf said:

Love this idea!

My only worry is how the points based on actions would work, for example, some actions, like cutting gems, is far faster than crafting dragonhide, could you get the same amount of points crafting armour as you could cutting gems?

(I would like to point out I have no programming experience so would have no idea if this is even possible but)

Maybe impliment it in a sort of 'Stealing Creations' way? points awarded for placeing the item you crafted, cut, or mined into a deposit box and cashing them in for points.

Reguardless I love the idea, and would find an event like this super fun.

As far as the points per actions goes, you run into that problem with most skills, so I may find another way to develop the point system, or make it a skill similar to herblore where only certain actions award points (Making potions during herblore events would, while grinding mud runes would not). But yes, this would be possible. It would just take me finding more rates per different actions. ^_^

I LOVE this idea! Absolutely 100% love it. Very very nice touch, and would provide an easier developing for our Dev Team. Just adding which items cash in for how many points. 

Thanks for the feedback and great ideas! Love it! ❤️

• Like 1

Would definitely use some fine tuning as people have already replied about in the thread.. But all around I think the idea is really neat and could do nothing but positively add to the server. 

Hope it gets looked further into, nice job man. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Moo said:

Would definitely use some fine tuning as people have already replied about in the thread.. But all around I think the idea is really neat and could do nothing but positively add to the server. 

Hope it gets looked further into, nice job man. 

Thanks for the feedback Moo! ❤️ Yeah as mentioned a few times, all of this in the thread was a basic framework of what COULD be if it were decided on as far as possible future content. I'm still trying to look at things I could change and tweak to make more balanced/intriguing/inviting to the playerbase, which is the main reason for this thread -- to get community-wide feedback. Thanks for the +1! 🙂 

I definitely support this idea. It's very well thought out and constructed. Hope this gets implemented soon!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kope said:

I definitely support this idea. It's very well thought out and constructed. Hope this gets implemented soon!

Thanks for the support, Kope! Yeah there's still some tweaking that needs to be done that I'm kinda working on in case the team decides to want to do this. I need a way to make this more competitive instead of a more solo event for players. That's what I'm stuck on right now. We need competition, because that's what's going to drive players to want to participate -- the need to be better than others. That's just how RSPS's work. xD

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Craftwork said:

I need a way to make this more competitive instead of a more solo event for players.

Maybe make it possible for the person or people who earned the most points in the time to get something like, an mbox, or maybe a couple spin tickets?

Like a small reward to give players an incentive to try harder, but not overpowered to the point that those who don't care about competition would complain.

You could even make the rewards similar to lms, where instead of armors and weapons, players get protean packs, or skilling supplies.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Skylark Wolf said:

Maybe make it possible for the person or people who earned the most points in the time to get something like, an mbox, or maybe a couple spin tickets?

Like a small reward to give players an incentive to try harder, but not overpowered to the point that those who don't care about competition would complain.

You could even make the rewards similar to lms, where instead of armors and weapons, players get protean packs, or skilling supplies.

Appreciate the feedback! Yeah that's what I have thought up already. The highest point earner each event would be provided a few bonus points along with a special reward. But I feel like that's not enough to drive players to want to participate in this consistently.

• Like 1

That's definitely on the right track. The easiest way to encourage participation is to find out what people care about, and then offer it. I'm still leveling up so I need supplies and money. A lot of people are already maxed or close to it, so they probably want pets/cosmetics. Since it's a skilling event it just seems logical that the reward would be related. I'm sure there are some custom cosmetics that could be offered along with the typical prizes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kope said:

That's definitely on the right track. The easiest way to encourage participation is to find out what people care about, and then offer it. I'm still leveling up so I need supplies and money. A lot of people are already maxed or close to it, so they probably want pets/cosmetics. Since it's a skilling event it just seems logical that the reward would be related. I'm sure there are some custom cosmetics that could be offered along with the typical prizes.

Yeah and that was the intention. XP Lamps or Lump Sums after each event, Skilling Supplies in terms of Protean Packs and such. Items to help out with skilling such as the Rune Pouches and Crystal Tools, bonus items such as the SoF tickets, and the 2 skilling perks to help those who can't afford to vote or haven't been playing ingame long enough to gain GP for it. It would still take a long time and almost max efficiency in this minigame to receive these perks, but it's incentive. I just need a way to make it a bit more competitive because that's what drives a good majority of players.

As far as cosmetics go, we would have to use some that aren't already used for something else, and I'm not sure what those could be. Same thing with pets.

• Like 1

i like it, i personally love skilling so this is +1 +1 +1 from me bro. hella great ideas here!!

• Like 1