Vincent

2595 (Vincent) Support Application

In-Game Name: 2595
Timezone: GMT+1, Nationality: Dutch

Why do you want to be Support?:

When I first joined Ataraxia, I, like most other new players, had two questions. Do I like this server? And do I like the people on this server? Both of these questions were positively answered within my first five minutes of playtime. I was wholeheartedly welcomed by both the players and the members of staff that were online. I was guided by some experienced players until I grew stronger.. Up until the moment they kicked me out of the nest to see if I could fly by myself. Luckily, I was able to.

It is that amazing feeling when you get back home after a vacation that I want to provide to anyone logging into the server. Whether they’re completely new, veterans that have been playing for years, and everything that lies in between. Making sure that people enjoy their time on the server is of utmost importance to me, as I enjoy providing the same experience that I have had, and am still having.

Ataraxia is an amazing server with a loving and dedicated community, including the Staff and the Developers. I am extremely happy to be a part of this community, and would be excited to be able to take it to the next level.

What experience do you have?:

I have held staff positions on three different servers, the smallest one was slightly larger than Ataraxia currently is. Does size matter? Well, I guess it’s up to the gentlemen in this case to decide.

While this number might seem low, each of these periods exceeded a year and a half, and would end the same day the server closed. I’d like to think this shows my dedication to the places I have considered my online home.

In terms of RuneScape experience itself, I have played since 2008. I haven’t played too much for the past 2 years, but when I do, it’s RS3. OSRS, while it’s great to have it, just feels like a RSPS with the EXP rate set to x1.. Meh, I just couldn't be bothered playing it. I love watching it on Twitch, though.

Why should we pick you instead of someone else?:

Every new person that enters the staff team carries a certain level of risk. Do they perform well? How do they affect the rest of the team? Are they here to stay? I, without doubt, can reassure you that these risks are non-existent with me.

I am in good contact with the current team and the rest of the community. I’ve played since the old days where Vichy was still in charge, which has ensured me that I know most that there is to know. My current weak spot, and I am completely transparent on that, is End-Game PvM knowledge. Working on it! All other aspects of the game are incredibly solid.

I am confident that I hold the characteristics that make a great player; comradery, trustworthiness, honesty, and some lovable banter when the time is right.

With Ataraxia improving and growing at the rate that it currently is, I foresee a great many things, continuing for a long, long time. And I’d love to be a part in that.

How much free time do you have?:

At a bare minimum, 4 hours per day. There might be days where it’s a bit less, but there have been, and will be many more days where my playtime session exceeds 4 hours.

I am currently still in university, so exams are unfortunately still a thing. Depending on how the procrastinating monkey in my brain feels, you might see me a lot more or a lot less in the days leading up to those periods. Don't worry, I never suddenly disappear. I hate those people.

Other notes:

Those who know me already know this, but for those who don’t: I am direct, in a truthful way. This usually works in my favour, but in rare situations it does work against me. I know that, and I try my very best to pay attention to this. I never intend to hurt or offend anyone with what I say, but it has happened in the past.

I believe some banter is great, and an absolute necessity to bond with each other. The only condition that must be met, is the presence of mutual respect. When there's no mutual respect, toxicity lurks closely. I really, really dislike toxicity.

image.png.d904f7b344421da2b88fd2ed284d941c.png

Thanks to everyone in advance for reading this, whoever you may be.

And to the Staffteam, thank you in advance if this application will be taken into consideration.

Edited by Vincent
  • Like 7

Great application man. I love it. I feel like you'd make a great addition to the staff team, and I completely agree with your knowledge of the server. The only thing I wish I saw some more of is FC activity. Though you may know everything there is to know about Ataraxia (With the exception of Late-Game PvM 😛), it doesn't do any good if you aren't helping in the FC. That sounds harsh, and it's not meant to, but I'd love to see you become a support! 

+1 from Good Ole Crafty

I've seen you around a little bit as of recent (sorry im kinda new 😛) so I cant say too much for your past.  I do remember playing an LMS with you 😉 

As of now;

I'm really glad you have such a passion for the server, that there is rare to find in many players. I look forward to seeing how you'll be a part of the community!  It's reassuring to hear you hold yourself to a standard of truthfulness and fairness when it comes to player and staff interactions within the player base.  Previous experience is always a nice thing to have under you belt, (i have some myself) and I also agree with you that size doesn't matter when it come to standards and QoL inside of the game. No matter the player amount what you do still matters and affects the community.

In my eyes though I would want to see a little more player to player help in game. [e.g. friends chat/pub chat advice and help, meeting players to instruct/teach]  As well as a little more activity in the Friends Chat as general company. Maintain your touch with the rest of the players. Both here and in game. 

I wish you the best of luck on your application! but for now I will stay neutral  +/- 0 nothing against you, I just feel I don't have the playtime to create a fulfilling vote my friend. 

~Fapple

P.S I will add one thing. Yes knowledge is a great thing to have, but what makes a great player.. is knowing how to apply it, and use to help others. 

Edited by Fapple
P.S. added

Yeah I like this guy, good application form, too. well detailed and makes logical sense. well spoken indeed + good knowledge of the game + 500 hours. 

good luck +1

Thanks for the application.

This was a very well written application and is exactly what we are looking for.

As for you personally, I believe you could be a great asset to the team.

All of us on the staff team share a common goal and I believe you see it as well.

Your application has been

Accepted

Best,

Uzi & Jaedmo

• Like 2