oblivious2u

Dungeoneering Equipment in the Overworld

Hi guys

Got a bit of a suggestion. I don't know if any one else is of this opinion, but I think that the Dungeoneering armors (Primal, Sagittarian, Celestial) and weapons look fly. It's a bit of a shame that you can only get them in the dungeons. I think it'd be another armor set that we could get or even if it was just a cosmetic you could get from dung tokens or an achievement. Maybe u get all the pieces of the primal equipment, or the cosmetic set, for killing 100 of a certain dungeoneering npc. I don't know how hard this would be to code or if it's even possible. I thought it would be a cool idea if implemented. I know i'd appreciate it, hopefully others would too.

As this is my first post on the forums I'd just like to say thank you. Thank you to Jaedmo, to all the mods, developers and everyone who works on this server. It's great coming home to a well built server with plenty of features that i can sit, relax and play. Genuinely takes a lot of stress out of my life. regardless of whether this suggestion makes it through, you guys are seriously awesome!

Oblivious2u

• Like 1

First of all, welcome to Ataraxia! Glad to hear that you're enjoying it.

I share your opinion that the dungeoneering armours look pretty fly! (for a white guy) and it'd be cool if there was a way to obtain these armours outside of Daemonheim.

I myself much more prefer a cosmetic set or override, unlockable from performing a said task (or tasks), over it being an armour with stats. My reason for this being that Ataraxia as a server is close to RS3, in terms of content. i.e. armours, bosses, and content. There's some "custom" EXP bonus sets, but a "Custom" armour set(s) with stats attached to them is not something that lies in Ataraxia's nature.

Having said that, if there could be a way to implement these armours, with stats, without disrupting the current system and line of progression, I'd be happy to support that. With this being your suggestion however, I think that could be food for your thoughts.

I don't think it is possible to have two sets of the same armor with different stats. I'm also not sure if a cosmetic set of primal gear is an item in this cache and if it is not then it would need to be a custom item which would have its own specific item code just to get a cosmetic set of gear. As keepsake keys can not be taken into dungeoneering and primal gear cannot be taken out I don't think this is currently an option unless if keepsake keys are allowed into dungeoneering. The only problem I see with keepsake keys is if you can recover the item you keepsaked at the cost of the keepsake key that could possibly introduce dungeoneering only items into the economy as either items people use for pvm or to trade which would cause a problem. 

Regardless, if keepsake keys make this possible I would be fine with that but I do not want to see custom items introduced into the game. This is just something that would need to be tested to make sure that those items aren't introduced into the economy. 

Thank you Vincent and Dave for your replies.

10 hours ago, Vincent said:

I myself much more prefer a cosmetic set or override, unlockable from performing a said task (or tasks), over it being an armour with stats. 

Having said that, if there could be a way to implement these armours, with stats, without disrupting the current system and line of progression, I'd be happy to support that. With this being your suggestion however, I think that could be food for your thoughts.

I totally agree with you, i can see that adding it as gear with stats could be a problem (as Dave has said) So maybe adding it as a possible cosmetic could work.

4 hours ago, Dave said:

Regardless, if keepsake keys make this possible I would be fine with that but I do not want to see custom items introduced into the game. This is just something that would need to be tested to make sure that those items aren't introduced into the economy. 

Thanks for your insight Dave. I see how adding it as an armor set could be very dangerous. I preface this next suggestion with an apology: I am quite ignorant when it comes to coding and how games/private servers like this are made and customised. Could the sets be added into the Dungeoneering store for like 1 Dungeoneering token, but they need to be unlocked by an achievement inside dungeoneering? If the only way to make sets of armor like that are keepsakes then this would be a lot trickier.

1 hour ago, oblivious2u said:

Thank you Vincent and Dave for your replies.

I totally agree with you, i can see that adding it as gear with stats could be a problem (as Dave has said) So maybe adding it as a possible cosmetic could work.

Thanks for your insight Dave. I see how adding it as an armor set could be very dangerous. I preface this next suggestion with an apology: I am quite ignorant when it comes to coding and how games/private servers like this are made and customised. Could the sets be added into the Dungeoneering store for like 1 Dungeoneering token, but they need to be unlocked by an achievement inside dungeoneering? If the only way to make sets of armor like that are keepsakes then this would be a lot trickier.

Each item is associated with a number. So for example lets say the number for the Primal platebody is 34563. There is only one primal platebody number in the whole server and that specific item has stats. So if you were to take the primal platebody (34563) and add it to the shop for 1 token essentially you are just adding the same platebody with the same stats on the gear seen in dungeoneering. 

If that makes sense? 

So to add it as cosmetic only (with no stats) they would need to duplicate the item and just erase all of the stats go with it and instead of the number for a primal plate just being 34563 it would be 34564. It's been a super long time since i've developed or really looked at any rsps files so there could be a way around this Jaedmo and the developers here have more experience than I do with the newer revisions as I really just worked on 317s loading nothing higher than a 562. 

Maybe they could do something like if 34563 is keepsaked it cannot be reclaimed? 

21 hours ago, Dave said:

Maybe they could do something like if 34563 is keepsaked it cannot be reclaimed? 

Definitely could be a solution