Craftwork

Craftwork's Support Application

In-game Name: Craftwork

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5:00)

playerapp.png.259632676734a5ec116030c6a806a7af.png

Why do you want to be Support?

I would love to be a support for this server for a number of reasons. Firstly, I would love to be a part of the team that helps this server run as smoothly as it does. The team does such a great job, and I would be very humbled to be granted the opportunity work alongside the incredible Supports we have on Ataraxia. Secondly, I love being helpful, in any aspect of the word, as often as possible. I've gone through a lot of personal shit the last few months, and it's changed my mentality for the better; I'm sure there are a few players that would agree to that statement that knew the me before I had to leave for 2 months back in September/October ish. Lastly, I've always loved the feeling of being someone that others look up to. I love being the person to set the example/standard for the community, and I feel it just gives me a greater sense of self-respect, knowing that others are looking up to me, watching me be the way all Ataraxia player should behave themselves.

What experience do you have?

I've been a Support on a few other servers, none of which I remember the name of as it's been several years ago and I didn't quite take it seriously. They were all smaller servers made by friends met through various servers that we decided to give it a shot of running our own. I was Mod on one server for like 2 months before it shut down, but similar situation, I can't remember the name of it. I also toyed with the idea of creating my own server for a while, but that was strictly personal. I never published the server, and used it simply to mess with Javacode, and practice on it since I was studying Computer Sciences at the time, and was looking at majoring in a field of work that involved programming.

Why should we pick you over someone else?

I'm not one to put myself above anyone else, or make it seem like I am. But I've always been taught to act like you're the only person in the world when applying for a job or going in for an interview, so I'm going to hold that same demeaner for this application. I'm a very respectable individual, and I'm very respectful at the same time. I'm a conversationalist, and love making small talk with both players and staff, a good majority of which have all given me very great compliments in doing so. I've been told I'm a great person to talk to and typically make an environment at least a little more enjoyable, bringing my energetic and upbeat atmosphere to a community, making it a genuinely positive vibe, even if people are in a shitty mood. I have an absolutely incredible work ethic; I've worked the same job for going on 6 years now and have no intention of leaving said job anytime in the near future, unless a more professional occupation is offered to me. I'm in the best spot mentally, physically, and literally, that I've been in for roughly 3-4 years, and I've been the happiest I've been as well. I want to be able to spread that to other players, which I feel as if I already do as is. I don't need a "Support" Title to be me.

How much free time do you have?

Practically every single day, I'm on this server roughly 8-12 hours a day. Thursday and Friday nights, I'm doing family stuff for a few hours in the evening, but I'm on pretty much all day before that, and aside from minor things that pop up here and there, a good majority of my time is spent on Ataraxia grinding.

Other Notes

Regardless of if this application gets accepted or denied, I'm still going to be the exact same Craftwork that everyone knows me to be now. I'm still going to be just as active on forums, making suggestions when I feel it necessary and leave feedback on just about everything. You shouldn't need a title to improve who you are as a person/player. Thanks for taking the time to consider! ^_^ Happy Grinding everyone.

Edited by Craftwork
  • Like 6
  • Dislike 2

Good application, loving how much effort you've put into it man, sorry to say I disagree with you being a support reasons being I've been online at the same time plenty of times and you don't really seem to be that active, you come on for a couple of hours (1-2) and then your off, also again with me being on around the same time as you I feel that you don't really have extensive knowledge about Ataraxia, it's not all about answering questions but ever since you've joined Ataraxia you seem to be really staff hungry and in my opinion them kinds of people always have bad intentions. Best of luck with your application though mate.

Hi Craft,

First of all, I like what you've written. You're a nice guy and I can see you do well as a Support.

However, right now, I'm not be able to fully support your application. I have mixed feelings and I believe that in order for someone to become a Support, I need to be able to fully support them.

The reason behind this is that you've put a massive amount of hours in an extremely short amount of time, playing 8-12 hours per day as you've stated. I don't pay attention to whether you've done that or not, but at that rate it would mean that you've amassed your playtime in roughly three weeks. I would much rather prefer you sticking around for a while, and make sure you don't burn yourself out by playing too much. Then, some time in the future, I would wholeheartedly support your application.

But for now, and please don't take this too personal, remember that Ataraxia isn't suitable for a speedrun. If I want to see people race through games, I'll open up Amazing Games Done Quick on Youtube or Twitch.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

Hi craft

Erm idk man this comment is a bit out of order but okay.

i'd like to see how you do as staff but its kinda 2 sided the moment you joined the server you were kinda showing off i wanna be staff and trying realy hard for it... at the time you joined con was support you were telling him he shouldnt be support with the amount of hours he has played but you are rougly part of the community for 3 weeks now i think? spend some more time play some more come back later.

Kind regard

Benny

Edited by Uzi's pimp Bennym

6 hours ago, Con said:

Good application, loving how much effort you've put into it man, sorry to say I disagree with you being a support reasons being I've been online at the same time plenty of times and you don't really seem to be that active, you come on for a couple of hours (1-2) and then your off, also again with me being on around the same time as you I feel that you don't really have extensive knowledge about Ataraxia, it's not all about answering questions but ever since you've joined Ataraxia you seem to be really staff hungry and in my opinion them kinds of people always have bad intentions. Best of luck with your application though mate.

6 hours ago, Uzi's pimp Bennym said:

Hi craft

Erm idk man this comment is a bit out of order but okay.

i'd like to see how you do as staff but its kinda 2 sided the moment you joined the server you were kinda showing off i wanna be staff and trying realy hard for it... at the time you joined con was support you were telling him he shouldnt be support with the amount of hours he has played but you are rougly part of the community for 3 weeks now i think? spend some more time play some more come back later.

Kind regard

Benny

Thanks for both of your feedback! Though I don't agree with what's being said, I appreciate the opinions of those in the community.

6 hours ago, Vincent said:

Hi Craft,

First of all, I like what you've written. You're a nice guy and I can see you do well as a Support.

However, right now, I'm not be able to fully support your application. I have mixed feelings and I believe that in order for someone to become a Support, I need to be able to fully support them.

The reason behind this is that you've put a massive amount of hours in an extremely short amount of time, playing 8-12 hours per day as you've stated. I don't pay attention to whether you've done that or not, but at that rate it would mean that you've amassed your playtime in roughly three weeks. I would much rather prefer you sticking around for a while, and make sure you don't burn yourself out by playing too much. Then, some time in the future, I would wholeheartedly support your application.

But for now, and please don't take this too personal, remember that Ataraxia isn't suitable for a speedrun. If I want to see people race through games, I'll open up Amazing Games Done Quick on Youtube or Twitch.

Best of luck!

Hey man! Yeah I mean I play a lot, and the 8-12 hours a day was roughly an estimate, but I've been playing Ataraxia since before the reset in August. I've come to my total playtime in much more than 3 weeks, but I appreciate your feedback. Look forward to seeing you around ingame!

I would personally just like to attest that Craftwork was a player when the server relaunched, then had (serious) problems in real life that prevented him from playing. He is now back and playing again.

• Like 2

I'd like to start off by saying I think Craftwork has been a very helpful player, and a very active member of the community. 

To combat the above posts about him not putting in enough time, or not having enough knowledge: Craft was a very active member of the community before the reset. If I recall correctly he was even had the Completionist cape.

I do understand why you'd think he was staff hungry with the appearance his current session on the game gives him, but his time and dedication in total make him the perfect candidate in every way in my eyes.

The only other thing I'd say about the "staff hungry" comment is that it may also appear so due to his recent announcements about checking ports and remembering to vote, which is something Player Supports usually say. It's a bit cliche, and gives off the staff hunting vibe, however I really don't believe that should disqualify him from a spot on the staff team, especially with such an outstanding track record.

You've got a +1 from me. You're active. You're helpful. You're knowledgeable.

Best of luck Craft, thanks for your continued dedication and support of the server! ❤️

Edited by E36
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, arham 4 said:

I would personally just like to attest that Craftwork was a player when the server relaunched, then had (serious) problems in real life that prevented him from playing. He is now back and playing again.

9 minutes ago, E36 said:

I'd like to start off by saying I think Craftwork has been a very helpful player, and a very active member of the community. 

To combat the above posts about him not putting in enough time, or not having enough knowledge: Craft was a very active member of the community before the reset. If I recall correctly he was even had the trimmed Completionist cape.

I do understand why you'd think he was staff hungry with the appearance his current session on the game gives him, but his time and dedication in total make him the perfect candidate in every way in my eyes.

The only other thing I'd say about the "staff hungry" comment is that it may also appear so due to his recent announcements about checking ports and remembering to vote, which is something Player Supports usually say. It's a bit cliche, and gives off the staff hunting vibe, however I really don't believe that should disqualify him from a spot on the staff team, especially with such an outstanding track record.

You've got a +1 from me. You're active. You're helpful. You're knowledgeable.

Best of luck Craft, thanks for your continued dedication and support of the server! ❤️

Thanks to both of you for these. And yeah, about the announcements, I saw it one day, then I didn't for a few days in a row, so I figured if I don't see it after so long, I throw up a reminder for everyone on the server in case someone may have forgotten. But thank you. I appreciate the kind words, and enjoy speaking with you guys. I mean I can understand where players may see me as "Staff Hungry" but I'm going to stay the same Craftwork regardless of the position, player or Support. I don't need a title to love the server and the community.

And yeah, I used to grind out skills with Ely Sia N all the time pre-reset. I had a Comped Leg, and was roughly 60% done with the requirements for Trimmed. Agility Laps were quite literally the death of my Trimmed Comp Grind. x'D  I had somewhere around like 400 or 500h playtime pre-reset.

Edited by Craftwork

+1 from me, very helpful in fc, and generally a very pleasant and dedicated person. No doubt in my mind that you would flourish in the support role 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks for the application.

Overall, this is a great application and I love the effort that was put into it.

You have been an incredibly active and helpful player as of late and it shows with your POTM award.

That being said, Unfortunately, this time zone does not work for us at this very moment.

All I can say is to keep up the great work and stay consistent.

Your application has been

Denied

Best,

Uzi

• Like 3