Craftwork

New Event? Skilling Hour

Alright so there are still plenty of kinks to think about and work out with this, but I made the comment about having a possible new event on the thread that one of our team member's started to gather feedback about the event calendar that we had set up for January. I believe this event could bring the community together at least for even an hour at a time, and everyone could get mad XP gains together. 😉

So, the initial concept is that from the start of the event, you have exactly 1 hour. It could be either a server-wide event, or designated to a specific area, almost like a minigame. But any player that wishes to join, just starts skilling. Doesn't matter what you do. Fletch, Craft, WC, Smith. Anything. And every single skilling action, based on the tier of action you're completing, will award you with a certain amount of points. This point system would obviously have to be tested and re-tested to find the most balanced amount of points to give per tier. 

At the end of the hour, the players are told how many points they've achieved over the event, and there would be a little shop for points, or there could be a static prize given out based on point thresholds. These prizes/shop items could include anything from lamps, to cosmetic skilling items, to just a small something. The event's purpose is not to put more wealth into the economy, but to bring the playerbase a little closer together in terms of skilling, since most times, when people are skilling, they're typically pseudo-afk. Granted that part would still be roughly the same, but there would be just a slightly bigger incentive, and I personally feel it's a unique event to add in. 

Like I said, plenty of testing would need to be done to make sure players can't get a stupid amount of points based on certain tiers, and the prizes/shop would have to be balanced so you wouldn't be able to get maxed in 2 skilling events from lamps. I feel like it would give players a little more of a shove, since it would be an hour-long chunk of skilling that they'd be rewarded for, along with the fact that they could get a big boost in xp from participating in the event.

Let me know what you guys think about this, or if I should add more specific information into this thread, and I'll gladly edit it as we go! All feedback is more than appreciated! Thanks guys!

-Craft

• Like 1

I think fleshing out the point system a little bit will give the developers a little more of an idea of how the system might work if they decide to implement this. As a Skiller, I love concept of bringing a bunch of people together to get XP gainz. I believe, that many people would actually socialize with each other while the event is going on.

I appreciate the time you put into this post and fleshing out the details a little bit. I think it's a great idea!

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback Xol! If you would want to help out in the figuring out of what points should be given for what, etc, pm me on either here or ingame! We could for sure work something out! ^_^

If they made it like LMS and instead of killing people you skill instead. The area should be like a psuedo-Diamond zone that would be sick. Just an idea I had not sure if that's what you really wanted but it's something close that shouldn't take that much time to code.

Edited by Skcam
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 7:08 PM, Skcam said:

If they made it like LMS and instead of killing people you skill instead. The area should be like a psuedo-Diamond zone that would be sick. Just an idea I had not sure if that's what you really wanted but it's something close that shouldn't take that much time to code.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you about this! I've had a lot of personal stuff come up and I haven't really been all that active on forums recently. I've been working out all the kinks and running the numbers and such. I'm going to be creating a separate thread with all the information laid out on paper, and getting a community-wide feedback on the entire suggestion in just a few days so keep your eyes open! ^_^ And that's exactly what I had in mind, btw. I already have locations setup. 🙂