arham 4

Report all broken clues here!

We receive a lot of individual ;;bug reports about clues being broken, so I feel it is best to have a thread to contain this group/category of bug.

Submit all the broken clues here! Include an image of the clue itself so we can identify it faster in the code. Also, specify what is wrong. For example, "There is no way to obtain an unholy symbol."

All the broken ones reported on our private issue tracker (will keep editing):

• all "Dance a jig"
  • upstairs Port sarim
  • 16 degrees 35 mins north
  • 04 deg 41 min north, 03 deg 09 min west
  • cry in catherby archer store
  • 01 deg 18 mins south 14 deg 15 mins east
  • clocktower
  • talking to hans
  • clue step "stab ob" cannot be accessed: area is under death plateau
  • talk to donovan the family handdyman 

Edit: This has been moved to Server Suggestions so all players can view this.

Edited by lare96
  • Like 1

ScreenShot_20181228174014.thumb.png.f09f4bc7efb1c28d5908457a17883a2d.png

hi i wanna report a broken clue scroll, the scrolls saids speak to ulizius wich is in canifis, but when you talk to utilizius u can't, theres no dialogue when you click to ulizius

• Like 2

Location of doing the emote doesn't continue the clue, the world tile must be different.

download.png.dc08b3f6d1099456f2c438d1ca3f7aa6.png

I'm not sure if all clues say the same thing. But all my clue scrolls have the same step when I have them.

I have been unable to do any clue scrolls because my clue steps requirement is:

"Jumpy for joy at the beehives while equipping iron boots, unholy symbol, and steel hatchet"

Posted (edited)

lumber yard search crate is broken I had 6 different clues I had to destroy because it was that. (would supply pic if I had it)

Edited by buttfat

Still getting broken clue after Update#15. Threw away all my old clue and this was an elite clue scroll i got few hours after the update through triskelion rewards

broken.jpg

Elemental shield is unobtainable, resulting in the clue step it's needed for impossible to complete.

14 hours ago, Talfryn said:

"Halt Us" anagram broken, cant talk to Luthas

broken.jpg

Can you specify how you acquired the clue scroll?

On 1/14/2019 at 12:55 AM, Talfryn said:

Still getting broken clue after Update#15. Threw away all my old clue and this was an elite clue scroll i got few hours after the update through triskelion rewards

broken.jpg

Thank you so much for providing how you got it! When the next update rolls around, ask any mod+ to award you a new elite clue scroll, as your current one is broken.

Edited by arham 4

"Search the drawers in a house in Draynor Village." The drawers in question cannot be opened so that you can search inside them.

2 hours ago, BadBunny said:

In december 28 i posted a broken scroll and its january 21 and it still broken iam unable to do any clue scroll because every clue scroll saids the same thing pls can you fix it soon

There was a recent update that changed the way clue scrolls work. Any clue scroll you had before the 13th of January cannot be completed anymore. Just drop all clue scrolls you have banked to start obtaining new working clue scrolls. Sorry for the inconvenience.

obtained it through barrows chest today, and when I search the crate from every angle, nothing happens

Skærmbillede 2019-01-24 kl. 15.39.33.png

Doors at The Grand Tree need to be able to be opened in order to access an NPC inside. (Sorry forgot exact clue step)

"Speak to Gaius in (Taverly/Burthorpe)" Forgot which of these it actually says but it was reported that this didn't work. Either the NPC isn't there or it doesn't progress the clue step; though likely the former.