Nik

High level bossing

High level pvming in its current state is... boring. its too easy. some people may not agree, but most people that are at end game content im sure can. bosses such as nex/kk/gwd2 and corp. buffing such bosses would make it hard for mid level players to get drops yes. but it would keep end game pvmers interested imo. when you work for something theres a better sense of reward in achieving your goal. this is a pvm/skilling based server. and i think these bosses should be looked into.

Edited by Nik
  • Like 1

i think most bosses are fine the way they are because if you make bosses harder is harder for mid lvl player to make money and then it will become were the only way to get the gear for high level bosses is by spending real life money and not "earning" it i feel like what your saying is everyone else who doesn't have the gear to the bosses doesn't matter or they should sell donation just to get gear so i think its fine the way it is

Congratulations on reaching the point of overpoweredness that comes with having everything Best-In-Slot. At some point, it's bound to happen once you've got the mechanics down, due to the well-known combat limitations that non-EOC has, especially when there's EOC-released items in the game.

I'm against the buffing of any bosses for the following reasons:

- A buff would mean, like you mentioned, a decreased availability of PvM'ing for those learning the ropes. A steeper learning curve will drive newer players away when they think they can only obtain good gear by purchasing it because they'll won't be able to get it from drops, resulting in an increased likelihood of them not sticking around very long.

- What will this single buff do long-term? It might become more difficult now, but with Nex:AOD and The Magister (a bit more longterm) up ahead, there will be newer, stronger items, that will make the aforementioned bosses once again boring for you. Will you then request another buff? You'll end up in a vicious circle of releasing content and buffing all previous content "to keep things interesting for end-game players".

What I could support though is a separate Hard-Mode version of those bosses in separate instances, along with perhaps an increased drop rate or something else juicy enough to make it interesting. However, that should only take place once the current projects have been finished and it can be more accurately determined what exactly is needed to fulfill your wishes.

Edited by Vincent
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Vincent said:

Congratulations on reaching the point of overpoweredness that comes with having everything Best-In-Slot. At some point, it's bound to happen once you've got the mechanics down, due to the well-known combat limitations that non-EOC has, especially when there's EOC-released items in the game.

I'm against the buffing of any bosses for the following reasons:

- A buff would mean, like you mentioned, a decreased availability of PvM'ing for those learning the ropes. A steeper learning curve will drive newer players away when they think they can only obtain good gear by purchasing it because they'll won't be able to get it from drops, resulting in an increased likelihood of them not sticking around very long.

- What will this single buff do long-term? It might become more difficult now, but with Nex:AOD and The Magister (a bit more longterm) up ahead, there will be newer, stronger items, that will make the aforementioned bosses once again boring for you. Will you then request another buff? You'll end up in a vicious circle of releasing content and buffing all previous content "to keep things interesting for end-game players".

What I could support though is a separate Hard-Mode version of those bosses in separate instances, along with perhaps an increased drop rate or something else juicy enough to make it interesting. However, that should only take place once the current projects have been finished and it can be more accurately determined what exactly is needed to fulfill your wishes.

i don't have everything best in slot that's the thing. i dont have one t90 Armour set as of yet. i mainly use pernix with ascension to solo most bosses, and can almost completely ignore any mechanics as long as im using soul split and vamp. 

as for low level players not being able to get the best gear right away, i feel like thats how it should be. im pretty sure the last revision of ataraxia was reset because every player had non degradable max gear. i feel like making it harder to get good gear will actually make people stick around longer.

as for nex aod equipment making it even easier, the weps she drops arent better than seismics, and recieving the t99 prayers would be deserving of making bosses easier as nex is a group boss that wont be solo-able like every other boss in game currently.

maybe a buff to some bosses isnt what we need, maybe we need a nerf to some of the gear we use like ranged as a whole and vamp being op, i dont know what we need exactly. but for this server to be aimed completely at pvming and skilling, i feel like something needs to be done to make pvming more interactive, fun, and challenging. instead of feeling like an afk grind.

Edited by Nik

53 minutes ago, bebez said:

i think most bosses are fine the way they are because if you make bosses harder is harder for mid lvl player to make money and then it will become were the only way to get the gear for high level bosses is by spending real life money and not "earning" it i feel like what your saying is everyone else who doesn't have the gear to the bosses doesn't matter or they should sell donation just to get gear so i think its fine the way it is

how much high level bossing have you done may i ask? as i can see your account bebez isnt maxed combat.

Edited by Nik

53 minutes ago, Nik said:

how much high level bossing have you done may i ask? as i can see your account bebez isnt maxed combat.

does it matter how much ive done?im just saying by buff bosses tht dont really need it just going to cause a gap between high and mid level game and the only way to get to high level content it by selling donos?

2 minutes ago, bebez said:

does it matter how much ive done?im just saying by buff bosses tht dont really need it just going to cause a gap between high and mid level game and the only way to get to high level content it by selling donos?

how do you know they dont need it if you havent done them?

1 minute ago, Nik said:

how do you know they dont need it if you havent done them?

i never said i havent done any bosses 

I don't agereee with gwd2, you have hardmode for it to be challenging. Nex is a mid-late game boss and is really too easy. Lets not start with kk. kk is so easy you dont even eat food with vamp aura so, i would buff kk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

I don't agereee with gwd2, you have hardmode for it to be challenging. Nex is a mid-late game boss and is really too easy. Lets not start with kk. kk is so easy you dont even eat food with vamp aura so, i would buff kk.

good point about gwd2. thanks for the input chris

It'd be difficult to buff these mid-high end bosses to satisfy players.

Normal mode > buy max gear > go bossing > of course it gets burnt out

Ironman mode > gets t60 to get t70, t70 to get t80, t80 to get t85, t85 to get t90. 

These bosses are still difficult if your best in slot is only an attuned cbow / void. Chaotic longsword / tetsu. 

A majorty of pvmers don't even grind these top tier bosses for very long. As you'll notice the drops coming in-game. They're usually afking no food bosses for thousands of kills as opposed to the few who have 250+ nex/250+kk/etc

There are achievements for the end game pvmer who really want to put the grind in to it. Final boss titles/pets/chime rewards..

I don't think a buff is required. If you're seeking a "sense of reward after achieving something" then you should probably try ironman.

• Like 1

If I might throw my 2 cents in, as someone who has been on both sides with majority of max gear, nex/rax/kk are meant to be the mid-end game bosses. I still struggle with these sometimes, and you cant definitely afk any of these bosses without a death resulting.

As far as gwd2, you still cant really ignore mechanics without taking major damage in hard mode. Gwd hard and gwd 2 normal are more meant to be grindy bosses for chimes. In my opinion, it's pretty balanced now, and it still takes time to get a decent drop from rax/nex/kk.

When you get to high level gear, of course it goes stale after awhile that's why people leave. Currently Telos and AoD are in the works for the high end PvM players to keep them around. If you beat a boss X amount of times it becomes easy no matter what it is, and instead of being challenging it becomes tedious and time consuming. That's something that is not really "fixable" without buffing them. BUT, you've also got to realise there is ironmen who need to beat X boss to get the items to beat X boss. If we buff them so much it becomes way too stupid for an ironman to gain better gear. 

It's just a weird situation to try and solve.

KK and Nex imo do need slight buffs. Nex would be harder if she didn't not follow normal paths, such as de-agroing you and attacking her own reavers. And KK, well. It just needs a bit of damage multiplier. Arraxor definitely doesn't need a buff, it gets progressively harder for a better chance at a drop. Just because 0% enrage is easy doesn't mean it needs a buff.

8 hours ago, Hot Milo said:

When you get to high level gear, of course it goes stale after awhile that's why people leave. Currently Telos and AoD are in the works for the high end PvM players to keep them around. If you beat a boss X amount of times it becomes easy no matter what it is, and instead of being challenging it becomes tedious and time consuming. That's something that is not really "fixable" without buffing them. BUT, you've also got to realise there is ironmen who need to beat X boss to get the items to beat X boss. If we buff them so much it becomes way too stupid for an ironman to gain better gear. 

KK and Nex imo do need slight buffs. Nex would be harder if she didn't not follow normal paths, such as de-agroing you and attacking her own reavers. And KK, well. It just needs a bit of damage multiplier. Arraxor definitely doesn't need a buff, it gets progressively harder for a better chance at a drop. Just because 0% enrage is easy doesn't mean it needs a buff.

Exactly what Milo said, You literally cannot say it any better.

10 hours ago, Hot Milo said:

great way to put it milo i agree 100% and yeah i think rax is fine the way it is.

Edited by Nik

As Milo stated, we're looking into tougher bosses that bring even better Weapons and Armour to grind for. These bosses will not be easy, and will require precision mechanics and teamwork to complete.

That being said, there's quite a disparity between high level and mid-level PvM. The difference between someone in Bandos and someone in Torva is quite substantial. We don't want to limit those players too much.

Nex and KK will be buffed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jaedmo said:

As Milo stated, we're looking into tougher bosses that bring even better Weapons and Armour to grind for. These bosses will not be easy, and will require precision mechanics and teamwork to complete.

That being said, there's quite a disparity between high level and mid-level PvM. The difference between someone in Bandos and someone in Torva is quite substantial. We don't want to limit those players too much.

Nex and KK will be buffed.

can you also make it so range isn't the complete best at kk because pretty sure its meant to be able to do with all cb style not 100% sure though/

2 hours ago, djohn175 said:

can you also make it so range isn't the complete best at kk because pretty sure its meant to be able to do with all cb style not 100% sure though/

Magic has been buffed for KK, as well as Stab attacks.

• Like 3