Chloe

Several QoL suggestions

Ataraxia is pretty great but it has several tiny quality of life problems that keep it from being the smoothest RS experience out there.  In this thread I'll list any I can find/think of and explain my reasoning.

Teleporting needs to null damage

This happens in any RS server including the real game. Teleporting nulling damage has always been an important part of both PVP and PVM, allowing for close escapes and in some cases (Blink in dung) it's part of the boss mechanics. People always complain about Blink because you literally can't fight him without dying unless you spend 5 inventories on food and pots. You're supposed to teleport when he says "Here it comes!" to escape his attack, but due to how this server handles teleporting you get damaged anyway and that defeats the whole purpose of the boss.

Home teleport in Dung should be usable outside of combat

Ataraxia's dung is one of the best fully functioning working dungs out there, but there's one huge inconvenience and annoyance that really slows down the dung experience and makes it frustrating, and that's home teleport. Home teleport should always be able to be used for a quick escape to home base or to go on another path./ Requiring you to be outside of combat to use it makes Dung so much slower and fruystrating to do. Combine this with teleports nulling damage and you'll have made the Dung experience probably the smoothestt of all RSPS I've played.

Make the healing NPC heal poison

The healing NPC was a godsent when it was added but it should heal poison too, because nothign is mroe annoying then resetting your health only to realize you're half HP a few seconds later cause she didn't cure your poison.

Seperate Pawyas from Grenwals more at Isafar hunting teleport (and increase grenwal spike yield)

While training hunter, pawyas are incredibly plentiful at isafar while there aren't many grenwals, and they mix in with eachother so it's impossible to consistently grind them. It would be much nicer if they were a bit more seperate and if there were some more grenwals. Also, Grenwals should give more spikes to make them less annoying to farm for herblore.

Queen Black Dragon loot room teleport

The portal at QBD after you defeat her doesn't work and currently thew only way to leave qbd is by teleporting out. Not a huge issue but just a QoL thing.

Bork reaper tasks

Would it be possible to let Death only give bork tasks when you can actually fight him? I've lost a lot of money skipping Bork reapers simply cause I couldn't fight him due to the time limit. Alternatively, disabling Bork as a task would work too.

Dominion tower rework

Currently the dominion tower meta is to kill yourself when you get a gwd1 boss or Chaos ely and just do the easy quest bosses. There has to be a better, more balanced way to make dom tower fun and not just a grindy chore.

Task reset shorcut

add ;;rt as a short version of ;;resettask to save some time.

Will add more as I think of stuff. Feel free to leave your own QoL suggestions in this thread as well.

Edited by Chloe
  • Like 6

Support, without any doubt!

Get that Grenwals update ASAP. :p

Only thing I feel like shouldn’t change is reaper task but everything else I Support👌🏿

On 11/15/2018 at 10:35 PM, Chloe said:

Ataraxia is pretty great but it has several tiny quality of life problems that keep it from being the smoothest RS experience out there.  In this thread I'll list any I can find/think of and explain my reasoning.

Teleporting needs to null damage

This happens in any RS server including the real game. Teleporting nulling damage has always been an important part of both PVP and PVM, allowing for close escapes and in some cases (Blink in dung) it's part of the boss mechanics. People always complain about Blink because you literally can't fight him without dying unless you spend 5 inventories on food and pots. You're supposed to teleport when he says "Here it comes!" to escape his attack, but due to how this server handles teleporting you get damaged anyway and that defeats the whole purpose of the boss.

Home teleport in Dung should be usable outside of combat

Ataraxia's dung is one of the best fully functioning working dungs out there, but there's one huge inconvenience and annoyance that really slows down the dung experience and makes it frustrating, and that's home teleport. Home teleport should always be able to be used for a quick escape to home base or to go on another path./ Requiring you to be outside of combat to use it makes Dung so much slower and fruystrating to do. Combine this with teleports nulling damage and you'll have made the Dung experience probably the smoothestt of all RSPS I've played.

Make the healing NPC heal poison

The healing NPC was a godsent when it was added but it should heal poison too, because nothign is mroe annoying then resetting your health only to realize you're half HP a few seconds later cause she didn't cure your poison.

Seperate Pawyas from Grenwals more at Isafar hunting teleport (and increase grenwal spike yield)

While training hunter, pawyas are incredibly plentiful at isafar while there aren't many grenwals, and they mix in with eachother so it's impossible to consistently grind them. It would be much nicer if they were a bit more seperate and if there were some more grenwals. Also, Grenwals should give more spikes to make them less annoying to farm for herblore.

Queen Black Dragon loot room teleport

The portal at QBD after you defeat her doesn't work and currently thew only way to leave qbd is by teleporting out. Not a huge issue but just a QoL thing.

I have added all of these. Now, the teleport nulling damage suggestion was a hard task, and I'm not sure if it will work 100%. For about 95% of my test cases, they had it where the HP was not affected but it showed the hits. The other 5% was the HP being affected and showing the hits. I haven't had a single test case where I was successfully able to make these hits not appear, but they do appear to not *actually* damage the player. I hope we can find a better solution to this. It's sort of a complex task.

pBVGms.gif

EDIT: Take 2, did some changes and instead made it make the damage to 0. Perhaps a better result now?

mHbPVq.gif

On 11/16/2018 at 11:23 AM, Respect said:

Support, without any doubt!

Get that Grenwals update ASAP. 😛

Rfm1X4.jpg

(3 more Grenwalls were added too)

Here are pictures/GIFs of some more:

OCyrgI.gif

xmL6iQ.gif

StvbqQ.gif

Clicking pass-through will put you to the outside of the QBD portal entrance.

Edited by arham 4
  • Like 9

Love these updates, little quality of life updates like this is what puts servers above the rest. 

Absolute mad lad. I love the 0 damage from teleport nulling, shows you just how lucky you were to escape with how many hitsplats you get. Thanks for putting in all the work Arham. Really makes me happy to see when our feedback is taken into consideration. This will be a very nice update once all this goes live!

Chloe always coming in clutch with suggestions 😄

but..legios...y u do dis.