Gary

Gary's Support Application

In-Game Name: Iron Gary

Timezone: EST (UTC−05:00)

Why do you want to be Support?:

I have always had a love for the community aspect of anything I do whether that be a private server or just about any other type of game. I have a firm belief that a community and how it is run are essential to the well being of a server, and the staff team help dictate how the community is perceived by new players. The support role is not there just to be a question and answer bot, but rather be a conduit for healthy communication between the staff team and the community, and that is appealing to me. I want the support rank because it will do nothing but help me in supporting this community, and if I were to get the support rank I think that it would provide a layer of comfort so that new players would not hesitate to approach me and get the help they need.

What experience do you have?:

Much of my time with Runescape Private Servers I have spent with a handful of servers. When I come across a server I enjoy I will dedicate most of, if not all, my free time to that server.

Here is a list of some of the positions I have held as of late:

Administrator - Project Decimate – Project Decimate was by far the server I dedicated the most time to. I worked my way from a noob player to an administrator and ended up playing the server for I believe a total of three years or so. (I only put the name because this server has been shut down for years now.)

Support Member – Edelar and other communities - I can give a more detailed answer if you need me to through pm's.

Division Leader - Xbox Gaming Community – Essentially the community was called TMG and was composed of a few thousand members. My role as a division leader was essentially a supervisor role over the squads in my division which amounted to approximately 400 members give or take.

Elite Administrator/Support Supervisor - IceFuse Networks – Icefuse Networks is without a doubt the largest GMOD gaming community with multiple servers filled with 128 players almost all the time. Elite Admin is the third highest server rank they have. Support Supervisors helped manage the server Teamspeak.

Why should we pick you instead of someone else?:

I am not one to speak on someone else’s experience or how they fare in comparison to me, but I will say that my love for community and this community in particular is growing every day. I believe that my experience shows in the way I present myself in-game and generally in life and would continue to show in my staffing of the server. I also believe that the times that I play will help fill some gaps in staffing that are currently happening.

How much free time do you have?:

Currently I am attending college, but my Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and weekends are open. I am in class most of the midday of Tuesdays and Thursdays, but still find time to play after class for quite a bit.

Other notes:

Thanks for taking the time to consider my application. I am always nervous writing one of these even though I have written quite a bit of them, so feedback is always great.

• Like 2

Support 100%. Always active, always helpful. However I do believe support applications are closed for the time being.

• Like 1

Your activity and community interaction has not gone unnoticed.

I am confident that you will succeed 

and be an excellent addition to the team. 

Your application has been

Accepted

Welcome to the Team!

Uzi

• Like 2