Jump to content
Jaedmo

Developer Q&A!

Recommended Posts

Welcome to the first Developer Question & Answer Thread

What happens here?

Ask the Development team, myself, a specific developer (Noele, _jordan, Xenthium or Arham 4) a question, and they'll answer.

Simple as that!

 

No question is off limits, keep it fairly-server related though if possible.

 

Example:

@Jaedmo What are the future plans for Invention?
To which i'd reply

I want it.

 

Let the questions fly. Feel free to tag the relevant person you're directing your question to 🙂

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jaedmo Is there any plans of doing a rework to slayer? If yes, what would change from the slayer we have today?

 

edit: double question

^ @Jaedmo Current status on death tiles in instances?

Edited by Dreas Snow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jaedmo Development for Telos started? And if yes how long would it take before it's in game?

Also side question. Any chance of turmoil npc level 10% boost made to work for range/mage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dreas Snow said:

@Jaedmo Is there any plans of doing a rework to slayer? If yes, what would change from the slayer we have today?

 

edit: double question

^ @Jaedmo Current status on death tiles in instances?

Absolutely, I'd try mirror Rs3's system and add a few changes. I'd love the preferable/blockable tasks depending on achievements (quests on rs3/osrs).

As well as making it so there's task weights to eliminate shit tasks when you're 99, like it is currently. It's a big daunting task, but 100% something we need a Developer to put a good amount of time in to perfect. As we're an eco server, Slayer/pvm are essential.

&

We've located what causes it and have found potential solutions to it's fix. Will know more when it's tested.

5 minutes ago, genesis said:

@Jaedmo what is your favorite skill? 🙂

 

Fishing. When I started playing Runescape, I was 6 or 7. All I did was Fish at Karamja and talk to other people. An invent of lobsters took like 10-15 minutes. Those were the days. Fondest memories of Runescape for sure. Fishing without a care in the world.
 

1 minute ago, 2gp said:

@Jaedmo Development for Telos started? And if yes how long would it take before it's in game?

Also side question. Any chance of turmoil npc level 10% boost made to work for range/mage?

Yes, this is currently Arham's #1 task. It's a massive task but will be completely worth it. If you'd like you can ask him specific questions about it's progress.

&

Yes. This is 100% possible, we've received a few (hundred) suggestions to fix/add this. Will look into it in the near future.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jaedmo badmin?

will new outfits and animations be added to cosmetic store?

secondly are the rare item shop/super rare item shop gonna be rotating every month?

 

i got some suggestions for outfits and animations if needed

Edited by Loure
Bottom part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Loure said:

@Jaedmo badmin?

will new outfits and animations be added to cosmetic store?

secondly are the rare item shop/super rare item shop gonna be rotating every month?

We have all the outfits/cosmetics from the current Cache we're on as far as I know. And i'd like to make sure they're all working before adding more. But if we up the cache, for sure.

&

The Rare Item Token Shop will, but the super rare item shop will not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we expect an update addressing the issues of the game mode 'King of the Skill' before this weekend? Like unable to pickup drops, accounts being disabled before 24 hrs n such.  @arham 4 / @_jordan / @Xenthium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Feed My Ego said:

Can we expect the 'Discounter' perk next patch? aka this weekend? @Jaedmo

Yes. If all goes to plan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jaedmo

Will the Invention skill from RS3 ever be added to the server? I think it is a great item sink that gives good benefits as well :)

 

Also is there any plan to implement stuff from the RS3 Mining/Smithing Rework when it is released? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Skcam said:

Is AoD something you guys just started developing or is it something that's almost done?

What can we expect from you guys in the next few weeks?

 

@Jaedmo, @arham 4, @_jordan & @Xenthium

 

AoD is quite eminent! Between you and me, let's give it at least two updates (including next one). 😉 

11 hours ago, Feed My Ego said:

Can we expect an update addressing the issues of the game mode 'King of the Skill' before this weekend? Like unable to pickup drops, accounts being disabled before 24 hrs n such.  @arham 4 / @_jordan / @Xenthium

The issue has been resolved for some days; expect it in the next server update!

Edited by arham 4
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jesbro said:

@Jaedmo

Will the Invention skill from RS3 ever be added to the server? I think it is a great item sink that gives good benefits as well 🙂

 

Also is there any plan to implement stuff from the RS3 Mining/Smithing Rework when it is released? 

Yes absolutely, I don't think it'd be in the way like RS3 has though. RS3's system is extremely extravagant and detailed, as an RSPS we wouldn't require all of the Blueprints that they have. I think the key ideas for it on our server would be; Augmenting, Siphoning, Disassembling & Perks. There's so much more that RS3 has but I think 90% of it would go unused past the first week. It'd be nice to have full Invention but I think we can nail the specifics and leave the extras for now.

&

No, if RS3 hasn't released it, we won't have it for a long time, it'd have to completely custom made 😛

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance of Solak and Magister along with 120 slay being added? @Jaedmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jaedmo said:

Yes absolutely, I don't think it'd be in the way like RS3 has though. RS3's system is extremely extravagant and detailed, as an RSPS we wouldn't require all of the Blueprints that they have. I think the key ideas for it on our server would be; Augmenting, Siphoning, Disassembling & Perks. There's so much more that RS3 has but I think 90% of it would go unused past the first week. It'd be nice to have full Invention but I think we can nail the specifics and leave the extras for now.

 

Good to see we are on the same page there when it comes to Invention :)

 

17 hours ago, Jaedmo said:

No, if RS3 hasn't released it, we won't have it for a long time, it'd have to completely custom made 😛

I guess the RSPS equivalent to the Mining Rework at the very least would be making it so that Mining rocks will never deplete.

Would making the rocks never deplete be something that is easy to code for Ataraxia or hard? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 2gp said:

Any chance of Solak and Magister along with 120 slay being added? @Jaedmo

Solak will definitely come in the future but not anytime soon. Sophanem Dungeon and the Magister hopefully soon. 120 slayer would come with Virtual levels, which might have to be after we get some Client work done.

6 hours ago, jesbro said:

Would making the rocks never deplete be something that is easy to code for Ataraxia or hard? 

It would be fairly easy to do but I don't know if we'd want it. As it makes it too easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#1 - Any ETA on the hiscores being back up? 

#2 - Thoughts on adding combat pets to the server?

#3 - Is it possible to add Expert achievement capes? Capes I mean: Gatherer's Cape, Combatant's Cape, Artisan's Cape, and the Support Cape.
Could make some nice mid-way capes for those on the lower xp rates.

#4 - Thoughts on potentially adding Skill helmet add-ons?

#5 - What long-term plans do you have in mind in terms of updates for the server? Any content you'd like to add at a much later date that isn't currently possible?

That's all I got for now.
@Jaedmo, @arham 4, @_jordan@Xenthium & @Noele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slim said:

#1 - Any ETA on the hiscores being back up? 

#3 - Is it possible to add Expert achievement capes? Capes I mean: Gatherer's Cape, Combatant's Cape, Artisan's Cape, and the Support Cape.
Could make some nice mid-way capes for those on the lower xp rates.

#4 - Thoughts on potentially adding Skill helmet add-ons?
 

#1 - waiting on developers to push server-side patch
#3 - these capes should already be ingame, you create them with their respective expert skill shards.
#4 - if you're referring to the items such as "modified first-age tiara" (for prayer) then these are already added aswell, obtained the same way you obtain the other skilling set items, but at a much higher action amount (I believe it's between 15,000-20,000 for prayer). These were based off of roughly how many actions it took a player to get to 99 on the hardest mode before the reset.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slim said:

#2 - Thoughts on adding combat pets to the server?

#5 - What long-term plans do you have in mind in terms of updates for the server? Any content you'd like to add at a much later date that isn't currently possible?
 

When we update cache in the future yeah, definitely will add them.

&

With RS3 there's not really a lack of content for us to work with, we'll slowly be catching up. But in the future we'll be looking at Telos, Slayer Updates such as Sophanem Dungeon and that'd bring Menaphos and Soul Altar runecrafting and heaps of new skilling methods. Something I'd love is Uncharted Isles, however, that'd be a HUGE project.

There's so much to do, with our Dev team we can do it, but I don't think we'll ever have nothing to do 😛

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any chance to add lootsharing? I want to PvM with my gf and she is mad that I get all drops so she have no chance for pet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, santa said:

Is there any chance to add lootsharing? I want to PvM with my gf and she is mad that I get all drops so she have no chance for pet.

I so want this. Sadly we don't have these: https://runescape.fandom.com/wiki/Item_shards In the cache, I have no idea why not.

We'd have to get the items added manually, which'd be worth it but would take a while. I don't think we'd do a lootshare system without those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any plans on updating the bank?

So for example we could have loadouts or placeholders?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would stuff like agression potions/unstable essences be something you guys would like to add? Since people like to "afk" and runespan doesn't really have any good rewards atm.

Any chance of getting monsters in abyss?

Dailies like sink holes/caches?

Any chance of getting full ports? The current system is bad imo. If this is something you guys are working on it should be the way to get into "The Arc"

Thoughts about "The Arc" and any chance of adding it?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is team ironman coming out? I've been talking to a lot of people who have gotten burnt out, and say that team ironman would re-motivate them to play.

What is stopping team ironman from coming out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×