Jaedmo

Gambling, Yes or No

Gambling, Yes or No?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Gambling, Yes or No?

New thread, new me. Please re-vote, I still have the data of the previous one. 

Tried to reset it but it'd result in you guys not being able to vote. Just give a definite yes or no please.

So we can finally put this to bed ūüėõ

Also if you didn't comment why in the last post, please do in this one or i'll ignore the vote.

60%+ for Yes or it'll fail.

• Like 1

Yes. After reading the comments in the last post, there were many fair arguments that emphasized support and reasoning for having gambling. Even though I have my own views that might've been conflicting with some of these ideas, I shouldn't prevent people from doing something they really want to partake in; especially if it's completely fair to each player, and managed well. 

• Like 1

No.

Purely because I won't gamble, and I know a lot of players who won't. For the playerbase this is aimed at, it's obvious that low levels/poor accounts will not take part. The ones who do take part will lose money, cry to an mod/admin (it's going to happen), and then quit or just log on and AFK every day. I mean, do we really want that?

Does more negative than positive.

Never gambled never will.

• Like 1

To touch up on points, i wouldnt neglect options to grow the server as most of the other competators out there have it. 

Simple put, if you dont like it  dont do it, its like duel arena. Same scenario, if you dont want to stake, dont

I support it as a way to increase our playerbase for the players whom want it as it will touch a different larger base of players. But at the same time, we could lose them as fast as we get them.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

A trial consensus, occurring, after implementation, given a month. Have a feedback poll initiated and potentially an emoji view (As we seem to like them on Discord) and move on from there, as anything new can only be trialed. 

This could give vital information, on the interpretation via the community.

Edited by Opi
  • Like 3

I won't gamble, at least not thinking to as of now but i will vote YES for the community.

Posted (edited)

My vote doesn't really matter because I play on a HCI but gambling is a nice feature to have within a server. Sure, some people will make a lot of money, others will lose and rebuild, and some will lose and quit but that's their choice. The only issues I see with gambling is the animosity against others and potential bugs that could cause issues which would create rifts. But for those that want the opportunity then yes, I believe they should have it. 

I would add a trusted rank when it comes to gambling though. I have seen other servers do it in the past so the trusted rank is an expensive rank that can be bought through the forums store and it gives the user a special emblem next to their name or even a custom title next to their name. People are encouraged to do their gambling with individuals with the rank because if you spend a pretty penny on the rank you are less than likely to scam others and are held to a higher standard with the risk of losing your rank. This method limits the amount of people who can host gambling but it creates an accountability system as their rank is worth more than a 1b scam.  

Edited by Dave

1 hour ago, Ardougne said:

Simple put, if you dont like it ¬†dont ÔĽŅdo it

Gambling does affect the economy and if players hoard items for gambling means that affects people. 

Posted (edited)

Gambling makes community toxic,  players gonna make easy money just doing nothing and so gonna hoard items,  also if they lose bank they will leave server. Never liked gambling and overall its bad thing.

I would only accept gambling if it have 50% or more tax, only this way it would give something good and that would be money sink.

Edited by Kusiaka

32 minutes ago, Kusiaka said:

Gambling makes community toxic,  players gonna make easy money just doing nothing and so gonna hoard items,  also if they lose bank they will leave server. Never liked gambling and overall its bad thing.

I would only accept gambling if it have 50% or more tax, only this way it would give something good and that would be money sink.

No one would gamble if they have a 2b pot and only will earn 1b. That's such an unnecessary money sink. What if we said hey, let's tax people selling donations. So instead of 25m/$1 you only get 12.5m instead of the 25m because selling donations makes people super wealthy for little effort. 

A 10 to 20 percent tax would be the absolute max that people could get taxed for and still have gambling be profitable. 

i don't think gambling is good for the server because it would cause players to stake their whole bank and if they lose they will quit and thats a loss to jaed's wallet 
i just think the server should be the same as it is now don't see a reason for player loss that can be avoided 

I'm really not about seeing people quit due to losing their entire progress on the game, also this would bring toxicity into the game because people will get frustrated when they lose. Honestly, if you want something with gambling and want it more fun; enable PvP people would rather try their skill on getting money the more manly way.

My name is literally Dice. I support all types of gambling.

• Like 2

no. i have a ridiculous amount of hours on quite a few servers and have seen nothing but bad come from gambling. people will lose bank and quit then come back and rather then just playing the game. it also creates a very toxic community. 

10 hours ago, Dave said:

No one would gamble if they have a 2b pot and only will earn 1b. That's such an unnecessary money sink. What if we said hey, let's tax people selling donations. So instead of 25m/$1 you only get 12.5m instead of the 25m because selling donations makes people super wealthy for little effort. 

A 10 to 20 percent tax would be the absolute max that people could get taxed for and still have gambling be profitable. 

Donating helps server, gambling no? hard to understand?